Corsair

Old May 26th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Corsair

Has anyone used this airline? If so, what are they like? Flights seem really cheap but just wondered how reliable they are?
Old May 26th 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all
Default Re: Corsair

I looked at their offers page and they didn't look that cheap. Compare with flights from London and paying in £ sterling - or dollars.
Old May 26th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scots in Treignac
I looked at their offers page and they didn't look that cheap. Compare with flights from London and paying in £ sterling - or dollars.
on a flight from Canada to Paris,they are more than half the price of Air Canada, Air France, etc. but I've never heard of them or know of anyone who has flown with them, that's why I was asking if anyone has any experience of flying with them
Old May 26th 2008, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

Zoom fly to Canada from Paris ,London cardif, Manchester and Glasgow.

Cheapest Glasgow Torronto £250

My daughter has a quote in September for £340.

Oh ,...... and they take golf clubs.
Old May 26th 2008, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scots in Treignac
Zoom fly to Canada from Paris ,London cardif, Manchester and Glasgow.

Cheapest Glasgow Torronto £250

My daughter has a quote in September for £340.

Oh ,...... and they take golf clubs.
my son wants to bring his girlfriend from Halifax, Nova Scotia to visit us in Normandy. They are looking at August, which is probably the most expensive time of all to fly. I looked on Opodo and there is a direct flight with Corsair from Halifax to Orly, but as I've never heard of them, was just worried about booking the flight, even though it's under 500 euros return, taxes included. Closest with Zoom is almost double that. Unfortunately Halifax is a bit out on a limb so flights are usually more expensive than if flying from Montreal or Toronto. Zoom were doing Halifax to Paris last year, obviously didn't make money as it's not operating this year. If they use any of the other carriers they have to connect, whereas this one is direct. Just trying to make life a bit easier for them as she's never left Nova Scotia before and is in for a bit of a culture shock. She thinks Halifax is a BIG city
Old May 26th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its a part of the TUI group which owns Thomson holidays which also has its own cheap airline.
Old May 26th 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
Has anyone used this airline? If so, what are they like? Flights seem really cheap but just wondered how reliable they are?
Fleet consists of 2x Airbus A330-200 and 6x Boeing 747-400 series. Main base is Orly Airport. Good safety record. Generally good reports of cabin staff & service.
Corsair are reported as having carried a record of 587 seats on their 747-400. Their A330-200 appear to be configured for 355 seats. So if it’s a peak-season, popular route and you love thy neighbour (packed tight), you’ll love Corsair.