Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus - France movement restrictions

Coronavirus - France movement restrictions

Old May 29th 2020, 8:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coronavirus - France movement restrictions

From what I've just read in Connexion the 100km travel restriction will be lifted on June 2nd in case anyone is thinking of shooting off this weekend.
Old May 29th 2020, 8:45 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alianco
From what I've just read in Connexion the 100km travel restriction will be lifted on June 2nd in case anyone is thinking of shooting off this weekend.
I may have misheard, but I believe the 100 km restriction is already lifted. There was no warning on the News about not going further afield for the Whitsun weekend... (although there's still the lack of eateries until next Tuesday....)
Old May 29th 2020, 9:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point

I also got that impression from France24 yesterday, though I just rechecked the Connexion and it definitely has it that the 100km rule ends on 2nd along with the other relaxations. If you heard the actual speech I'm sure you're right. Clearly some of the reporting is inaccurate, not helpful in these times.
Old May 29th 2020, 9:58 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alianco
I also got that impression from France24 yesterday, though I just rechecked the Connexion and it definitely has it that the 100km rule ends on 2nd along with the other relaxations. If you heard the actual speech I'm sure you're right. Clearly some of the reporting is inaccurate, not helpful in these times.
I haven't checked a video, but THINK he said "est" and not "va être".
Just for my peace of mind (I'm not budging this weekend), did any one else watch the announcement?
P.S. Hope tp is OK, he hasn't posted for a while....
Old May 29th 2020, 11:13 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dmu
I may have misheard, but I believe the 100 km restriction is already lifted. There was no warning on the News about not going further afield for the Whitsun weekend... (although there's still the lack of eateries until next Tuesday....)
My bad , France Inter just announced that the 100 km restriction will only be lifted on 2nd June....
Old May 29th 2020, 11:37 am
Just Joined

notgrampa is an unknown quantity at this point

here is a link to an article in Le Monde with a fairly detailed breakdown of the changes with dates
https://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs...4_4355770.html
Old May 30th 2020, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
I haven't checked a video, but THINK he said "est" and not "va être".
Just for my peace of mind (I'm not budging this weekend), did any one else watch the announcement?
P.S. Hope tp is OK, he hasn't posted for a while....
Hi DMU,
Thanks for your thoughtful comment. Appreciated!
All ok here - I’ve been giving more priority to other affairs, new dog around the house etc, which is giving enormous pleasure - although not without a few heartbreaks. Link HERE.
Fortunately he’s a loveable scoundrel, and with Mme TP that makes two of 'em!
Old May 31st 2020, 8:40 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Hi DMU,
Thanks for your thoughtful comment. Appreciated!
All ok here - I’ve been giving more priority to other affairs, new dog around the house etc, which is giving enormous pleasure - although not without a few heartbreaks. Link HERE.
Fortunately he’s a loveable scoundrel, and with Mme TP that makes two of 'em!
Welcome back!! I feared that you and/or yours had succombed.....
Old Jun 15th 2020, 9:01 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is it worth reporting on Prés. Macron's declaration yesterday? Those with children of school age and/or running businesses will already be informed. IMO the only point of interest for expats in France is the fact that the European borders are opened as from today.
On the other hand, he made no mention of the UK or Spanish borders, nor of the terms "Attestation" and "quarantine". Any one arriving from the UK and/or wishing to go to Spain should find out from official sources what is involved....
Old Jun 15th 2020, 10:45 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Is it worth reporting on Prés. Macron's declaration yesterday? Those with children of school age and/or running businesses will already be informed. IMO the only point of interest for expats in France is the fact that the European borders are opened as from today.
On the other hand, he made no mention of the UK or Spanish borders, nor of the terms "Attestation" and "quarantine". Any one arriving from the UK and/or wishing to go to Spain should find out from official sources what is involved....
He was vague concerning kids because schools are still required to keep distancing up.

Old Jul 6th 2020, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

May contain nuts is an unknown quantity at this point

I was at the doc's today and she said that Covid19 has put in an appearance in Pyrénées-Atlantiques - there are now 20 confirmed cases (from almost zero). She recommended the wearing of masks outside.
Uh-oh..