Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus - France movement restrictions

Coronavirus - France movement restrictions

Old Mar 18th 2020, 1:20 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus - France movement restrictions

Originally Posted by KJMW
There does appear to be some confusion concerning where you can go out to exercise. My bike club inform me that you have to stay in your commune!!! I suppose that one step outside your commune and you could be fined!!!!
Well, the Attestation does say "à proximité du domicile" and, with all due respect, your bike club is confirming what has already been said above.....
If you'll excuse my pedantry, Ignorantia juris non excusat,....
Old Mar 18th 2020, 1:59 pm
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Well, the Attestation does say "à proximité du domicile" and, with all due respect, your bike club is confirming what has already been said above.....
If you'll excuse my pedantry, Ignorantia juris non excusat,....
No need to excuse anything. 'a proximité du domicile" is not the same as staying within your commune. being a pendant suits no-one!!!
Old Mar 19th 2020, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Woodstore is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had a message from a UK citizen friend trying to return 'home' by air from the UK to France where they have lived for 40 years via Geneva airport. They were prevented on boarding a flight from Gatwick to Geneva this afternoon and told they cannot travel via the carrier. Is this Swiss restrictions? One can enter France directly from Geneva airport.....not anymore?
Old Mar 19th 2020, 3:43 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodstore
Just had a message from a UK citizen friend trying to return 'home' by air from the UK to France where they have lived for 40 years via Geneva airport. They were prevented on boarding a flight from Gatwick to Geneva this afternoon and told they cannot travel via the carrier. Is this Swiss restrictions? One can enter France directly from Geneva airport.....not anymore?

Switzerland is closed to non nationals unless conducting vital work and carriers have the burden of returning the person to their origin, closest airports in France would be Chambery (69km), Sion (94km), Lyon(97km) if you can find flights to them Gatwick Lyon would be the most likely but doubtful the person would have to get the form to carry printed in the UK stating the purpose of their journey to show the police or Gendarmes.

Last edited by Chatter Static; Mar 19th 2020 at 3:45 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 1:10 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RogerG1252
I have just joined the forum....hoping someone might have some advice! We are British citizens but French residents. We are currently in the Canary Islands due to ferry/drive back to France later this week. The Attestation for movement makes no mention of 'driving home' being a valid reason for being out and M Macron has said that 'French people' can travel home. I can't get a response from the French Consulate here (but I'm not French of course!).
What do you think.....I would hope that common sense would prevail at the border but you know how these things pan out sometimes!
Update: my friend came "home" today. Drove straight over the border (Catalogna side) and first sight of gendarmes at the first Péage. No problem with their handwritten Attestations indicating that they were returning "home". And between there and North Hérault, no sign of any one in uniform. Maybe the travellers were in the right place at the right time all the way.....
Old Mar 21st 2020, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Good news :-)
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 7:59 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I haven't got an official link, but heard/read this morning that "le vélo comme pratique sportive n'est (not ne serait) plus autorisé".
Dont acte (as they say).
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
I haven't got an official link, but heard/read this morning that "le vélo comme pratique sportive n'est (not ne serait) plus autorisé".
Dont acte (as they say).
I don't have an 'official government' link either but THIS appears to confirm you statement.
What's it's effectively saying is that cycling in general doesn't fall within the rules currently in force, since the riders must not exceed a radius of 2klm around their home. This due to the rules saying "déplacements brefs, à proximité du domicile, liés à l’activité physique individuelle des personne".
Faced with the COVID-19 epidemic, the FFC (La Fédération Française de Cyclisme) also asks all cyclists to show responsibility by avoiding any outdoor practice during this period.

PS: I'm no twit, and have certainly never 'twitted' in my life, but was directed to a ref from the Minister of Sports who regarding cycling, twitted on 19 March, "1km, 2km max... Il n'est pas question de s'éloigner de chez soi. La règle est au confinement pour tout le monde. Rappelez-vous que vous ne devez sortir que pour des urgences comme les courses ou votre santé. Un petit footing est possible pour votre équilibre mais pas un 10km!"

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Mar 23rd 2020 at 8:40 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 9:15 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I don't have an 'official government' link either but THIS appears to confirm you statement.
What's it's effectively saying is that cycling in general doesn't fall within the rules currently in force, since the riders must not exceed a radius of 2klm around their home. This due to the rules saying "déplacements brefs, à proximité du domicile, liés à l’activité physique individuelle des personne".
Faced with the COVID-19 epidemic, the FFC (La Fédération Française de Cyclisme) also asks all cyclists to show responsibility by avoiding any outdoor practice during this period.

PS: I'm no twit, and have certainly never 'twitted' in my life, but was directed to a ref from the Minister of Sports who regarding cycling, twitted on 19 March, "1km, 2km max... Il n'est pas question de s'éloigner de chez soi. La règle est au confinement pour tout le monde. Rappelez-vous que vous ne devez sortir que pour des urgences comme les courses ou votre santé. Un petit footing est possible pour votre équilibre mais pas un 10km!"
This is one of the unofficial links I read, and Inter mentioned it, en passant, on the radio. We'll soon know, when they officially announce the stricter rules.
I suppose keen cyclists can go shopping by bike (within the permitted distance), but a bit awkward returning home with a 36-pack of loo paper and all that pasta to carry....
Old Mar 24th 2020, 7:52 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Latest news - outings for keeping fit (cycling, jogging, running) now limited to ONE HOUR per day, within 1 KM from your domicile, alone (unless you're taking your children out). The time of departure must be added to the date. Still no mention of pencilled dates, but I imagine that the gendarmes won't approve, as there must already have been too much abuse. Outdoor markets also banned, except for those Communes where there are no local food shops, at the discretion of the Maires.
Take note, and take care, everyone!
Old Mar 24th 2020, 2:46 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Latest news - outings for keeping fit (cycling, jogging, running) now limited to ONE HOUR per day, within 1 KM from your domicile, alone (unless you're taking your children out). The time of departure must be added to the date. Still no mention of pencilled dates, but I imagine that the gendarmes won't approve, as there must already have been too much abuse. Outdoor markets also banned, except for those Communes where there are no local food shops, at the discretion of the Maires.
Your not allowed to go to the bin and recycling has to be done on a shopping journey.
Old Mar 24th 2020, 4:18 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Your not allowed to go to the bin and recycling has to be done on a shopping journey.
Here, each household has a rubbish bin and a recycling bin which are left about 50 m up the road from me. The dustmen come as usual...
But the déchetterie is closed until further notice.
After a couple of days without any post, my postlady came today. I've since read that La Poste is reducing delivery days.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
DMU, since you posted this yesterday, I've been looking everywhere for official notification that "time of departure must be added to the date". We've been listening to the radio frequently, and also each day at midday and 8pm watch the French tv news from start to finish. Not once have we heard or seen any mention of the time of departure as a requirement. But you did well to post that 'head's-up'.
However, just realise that I must be a twit after all because the official Attestation de Deplacement was updated yeterday and adds a mention: Date et heure de début de sortie à mentionner obligatoirement. I note there are now 2 more boxes which could be checked, giving additional choices for having to venture outdoors.

Although not an official government site, HERE's a functioning link to the latest Attestation de Deplacement to be printed out and completed each time. (I took a screen-shot of the smaller attestation further down the page, and printed that off which gave a perfect example). Prior to acheiving this I went to the interieur.gouv.fr site where's there's a link to download the attestation. Try as I may, each time I had an error message that their server was down. If that wasn't bad enough I then went to the official Service-Public.fr site where there's also a link to download the attestation - which I did. Would you Adam&Eve it! It downloaded ok but was.......wait for it......the original, old version. On an official public service site!
Only yesterday I'd printed off half a dozen original attestations (recto/verso to save paper), and one may argue that they're still usable if I add the time of departure. However as they don't show the 2 additional boxes which may need to be checked, perhaps an over-zealous flic may say they are no longer suitable and write me out a 135 euro 'gift voucher'.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Mar 25th 2020 at 9:17 am.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 10:10 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just back from my weekly "shopping spree". No sign of any gendarmes on the roads, no security guard at the entrance, but everyone with latex gloves and home-made masks or scarves around the face, keeping the proper distance and usually with shopping bags. Those with trolleys had a big pack of loo paper - have they already gone through the pack which they bought 2 weeks ago? I didn't dare ask.....
Old Mar 27th 2020, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Reported on UK news that BoJo has coronavirus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.