Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Consumer rights for return of faulty goods.

Wikiposts

Consumer rights for return of faulty goods.

Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Consumer rights for return of faulty goods.

This is where I find France quite alienating at the moment, because I don't entirely know my consumer my rights here. Basically I spent over 100 euros for a new printhead for my canon printer, but when I tried it, it was absolutely useless. I spent ages, cleaning, purging and even soaking the new head (something you shouldn't need to do), but after many hours could only get one colour to come out of the nozzle. It was far worse than the old printhead I was replacing.

I contacted the company and they said normally they would not take a return on such an item because I didn't pay extra for the guarentee. I feel a bit miffed because as far as I'm concerned it's defective goods. Anyhow they did agree to replace it if I paid the 8 euros odd for the guarentee and cover the shipping. I'm kind of worried that if the replacement comes from a batch of faulty printheads (my printer is no longer commercially available, so the printheads may have been in storage for a couple of years), that I've just wasted the money.

Anyone have any ideas on where consumer rights lie on such an issue?