Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Congrats to me!

Congrats to me!

Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold
Default Congrats to me!

After finding out a rather rude way yesterday my flat was being sold by my landlady I went into panic mode BUT today I was busy job hunting on the beach again and the phone went.
I was offered an interview and at the interview was offered the job. This time tmorrow I will have done my first full days official work in France. Sorry but I'm here to stay YIPPEE!!!!!

Now I just have to do things properly, starting with the car, do I drive it back to England and give it away and buy a little Twingo or do I get it a ticket when my MOT runs out in August then register it? What is cheapest option?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:44 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Congrats to me!

Oh WOW!! Congrats to you indeed That's fantastic news, what will you be doing? As to your car, no idea, but we sold ours in the UK and bought a french one from our local area 'cos we couldn't be dealing with the fuss of matriculation etc.

Good luck in finding a new place to live, hopefully you'll have more options open to you with a wage coming in.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:04 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
After finding out a rather rude way yesterday my flat was being sold by my landlady I went into panic mode BUT today I was busy job hunting on the beach again and the phone went.
I was offered an interview and at the interview was offered the job. This time tmorrow I will have done my first full days official work in France. Sorry but I'm here to stay YIPPEE!!!!!

Now I just have to do things properly, starting with the car, do I drive it back to England and give it away and buy a little Twingo or do I get it a ticket when my MOT runs out in August then register it? What is cheapest option?
Good luck
One door closes,but a second opens

If you like the car keep it.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

That is such great news - well done
I think take the car back to UK and get a new one here when you get your first pay packet
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:28 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by val50
That is such great news - well done
I think take the car back to UK and get a new one here when you get your first pay packet

I know cars are cheaper in France,but if his first months pay would buy one new,i do-not think he would ask the question.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

davidandsarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done you, the sun must be shinning
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:40 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

well done for the job!
Sorry about having to move.
Next time check the toilet before you sign on the dotted line.....
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:02 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:18 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

So, this new job, jellyfish counting was it? Sacre yellow, sounds kinda risky.

Suggest you buy an estate, then if you can't find digs, you can put the seats down and sleep in it, on the beach, and never be late for work again!

Saw a programme on jellyfish the other night, rather scary, so I take my hat off to you m8, and recommend you buy a suit of armour - a waterproof rustproof tan-thru one - and check out which element of the monthly paypacket represents dangermoney and join the Jellyfish Counting Union.

Does French health insurance cover one for death due to multiple jellyfish stings? Are there any in the Med? It's not tidal is it? Ah, got it, course! Easy money, no jellyfish TO count, so sit on beach all day looking cool with a clipboard chatting up the totty. Nice work if you can get it.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:19 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

at one euro a jellyfish tail it's not a bad business principally because the big ones have dozens of tails .
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

If only Andrea!
I'm working for Chronopost and good on em for giving me the chance, ifI get any problems on the road with not understanding clients, ring the office and they'll translate for me, something tells me I will learn the office number pretty quickly.

Thanks to all for your good wishes, knackered now, coldn't sleep as was scared I'd oversleep, and learning new language further than ever, new company ways and routes in one day takes a bit of concentration. Who cares I'm here now!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:28 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you! Well done, it's great to have that emergency backup of knowing someone will help you out if you get stuck - I bet you will hardly need it, you'll be great.

No idea what Chronopost is - not a special delivery service for "old Crone's" is it? In which case, the totty-watching beach job might have had the edge, even at the risk of being stung by portuguese men at war or whatever they are called.

I am raising a glass of Jack Daniels to you at this very minute and yes, I know, bit early, but any excuse to celebrate is always welcome, and anyway I live on French time so it's half past 6 really.

Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers Andrea, you souond like you listen to Terry Wogan lol.

Chrono post is linked to Parceline/DPD if that makes it any clearer.

I am hoping to crack open a bottle of champers up the bar Saturday, shame you can't join us!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:01 pm
Grey Bombshell

I will be with you "in spirit", ie drowning in Jack Daniels.

Sounds a great job as you will have an element of autonomy, and will be great for the old French lingo learning.

I'd take my hat off to you, but too bletted to find it even though it could be on my head ...................

Give my regards to Port Vendres - spent some nice weeks there whilst searching the area for a cheap property - needless to say, we didn't find one!