Confused;

Old Oct 28th 2006, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

malkeiron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused;

I do hope someone can help me as i am very confused. We are hoping to move to the dordogne area in jan/feb next year to live not holiday and i have a dog that i want to take with me but would not bring back to the uk. my question is: do i need to get a pet passport for her? I have tried to find a posting on these type of forums but to no avail. Is there anything that I should know about bringing a dog into france? She is fully vaccinated and microchipped.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
many thanks in advance
mal
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

treaclepuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confused;

Have you tried looking on the totalfrance.com website - on the forum/chat bit there is a Pets in France section and the posters are very helpful. There is also a site called aquitaine.angloinfo.com, a company which runs lots of regional forums (fora?) with helpful content and there is an Animal Magic section on them to browse.

Be warned, though, that you will be told time and time again that you should get your dog vaccinated for rabies anyway - re the UK, never say 'never going back' as you never know....

And also that some posters on angloinfo in particular need to get a life - I've stopped visiting the Brittany site as it was becoming increasingly depressing, not a normal discussion forum at all.

Good luck with your move!

Last edited by treaclepuss; Oct 28th 2006 at 8:52 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

We bought 2 dogs and 2 cats with us when we moved to France and didnt have pet passports. Move was very easy for them all, delivered straight from the airport to our new house in Normandy.
Would also suggest you get rabies shots though for your dog, and keep them current.
Also look on www.completefrance.com/cs/forums
lots of info there about bringing pets to France

Originally Posted by malkeiron
I do hope someone can help me as i am very confused. We are hoping to move to the dordogne area in jan/feb next year to live not holiday and i have a dog that i want to take with me but would not bring back to the uk. my question is: do i need to get a pet passport for her? I have tried to find a posting on these type of forums but to no avail. Is there anything that I should know about bringing a dog into france? She is fully vaccinated and microchipped.
many thanks in advance
mal
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

mmdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Confused;

Originally Posted by malkeiron
many thanks in advance
mal
Salut,
You need to look here:
http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/fra...aux_10737.html
I believe you cabn send an email in englmish to [email protected] and get a reply. It's the specific service at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in France that deals with import of pets in France.
Bonne chance
MMD
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:35 am
Just Joined

thisisitimhere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mal
I brought 2 dogs with me when we moved to france, and you do need a passport for animals, which can be got through your vets, they have to be microchipped and injected for rabies, if they are only coming with no return they dont need blood tests.

hope this helps
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thisisitimhere
Hi Mal
I brought 2 dogs with me when we moved to france, and you do need a passport for animals, which can be got through your vets, they have to be microchipped and injected for rabies, if they are only coming with no return they dont need blood tests.

hope this helps
Hi there, do you realize a lot of the posts you are replying to are nearly a year old ?
Most of the posters have sorted their questions out long ago.

Last edited by jdr; Jul 16th 2007 at 4:46 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
Hi there, do you realize a lot of the posts you are replying to are nearly a year old ?
Most of the posters have sorted their questions out long ago.
Quite right jdr. Poor old "thisisitimhere" does seem to be having a bad time. Life can sometimes be a bitch where ever one lives. Thousands of people lead happy contented lives in France (Or even UK it must be said). I do have to agree that if you want work in a country where you do not speak the language life can become very difficult

Last edited by jdr; Jul 16th 2007 at 4:46 pm.