Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

2047 tax form for 2017

2047 tax form for 2017

Old Apr 6th 2018, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2047 tax form for 2017

My French tax return arrived through the post yesterday.
I'm still doing the old-fashioned paper version.
I looked online to see if I could print off the 2047 form, for declaring UK bank interest earned in 2017, but it doesn't seem to be available yet.
The most recent one I could see related to income earned in 2016.

Also, up until now, I've been declaring the existence of my UK accounts every year on a sheet of loose paper ("papier libre").
Has anyone seen anything official to indicate that that is still acceptable practice (rather than using the official form to declare the accounts)?
Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 6th 2018, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2047 tax form for 2017

Originally Posted by Helen1964
I looked online to see if I could print off the 2047 form, for declaring UK bank interest earned in 2017, but it doesn't seem to be available yet.
It would be unusual for all the forms to be available this early. Be patient, it will be put online before the deadline.

It really is very easy to declare online, don't be scared of it. There are many advantages. It's far simpler than messing around with paper declarations, you don't have to collect different forms, a lot of the details are pre-completed for you, plus you get a later deadline, plus if you need to amend anything you can.... For me, declaring online involves overtyping 2 figures, confirming that everything else is the same, and submitting the form. It is literally a 5 minute job once I have my income figures.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

graham.miln is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: 2047 tax form for 2017

As EuroTrash mentions, this year's online service has not yet begun. So the forms are unlikely to be available for a few weeks yet. The official web site impots.gouv.fr says the following:
Madame, Monsieur,

Le service de déclaration des revenus en ligne est fermé depuis le 17 juillet 2017.
Il sera a nouveau disponible en avril 2018 pour la prochaine campagne de déclaration des revenus.

Le service « Corriger ma déclaration en ligne » est fermé depuis le mardi 19 décembre 2017.
Il sera a nouveau disponible début août 2018.
Previously an e-mail has been sent to online users when the service opens. I too find the online process far less stressful than the paper edition. The first time can be tricky but every year afterwards is easier.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
It would be unusual for all the forms to be available this early. Be patient, it will be put online before the deadline.

It really is very easy to declare online, don't be scared of it. There are many advantages. It's far simpler than messing around with paper declarations, you don't have to collect different forms, a lot of the details are pre-completed for you, plus you get a later deadline, plus if you need to amend anything you can.... For me, declaring online involves overtyping 2 figures, confirming that everything else is the same, and submitting the form. It is literally a 5 minute job once I have my income figures.
Thanks EuroTrash. I’ll stick to the paper version one more year and then take the plunge in 2019.
I’ve just found the relevant note in section 8 of this year’s 2042 form confirming that the option of declaring foreign bank accounts “sur papier libre” is still available.
Just waiting now for form 2047 to come out so I can declare the (paltry) interest earned.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by graham.miln
As EuroTrash mentions, this year's online service has not yet begun. So the forms are unlikely to be available for a few weeks yet. The official web site impots.gouv.fr says the following:
Madame, Monsieur,

Le service de déclaration des revenus en ligne est fermé depuis le 17 juillet 2017.
Il sera a nouveau disponible en avril 2018 pour la prochaine campagne de déclaration des revenus.

Le service « Corriger ma déclaration en ligne » est fermé depuis le mardi 19 décembre 2017.
Il sera a nouveau disponible début août 2018.
Previously an e-mail has been sent to online users when the service opens. I too find the online process far less stressful than the paper edition. The first time can be tricky but every year afterwards is easier.
Thanks Graham.
I’ll definitely start next year. Am hoping that by then we’ll have some UK rental income to declare so that should make things more interesting.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Deleted - didn't read OP properly!