Reload this Page >

Citroen C15 Mechanical problem

Citroen C15 Mechanical problem

Old Oct 23rd 2011, 5:19 pm
Robert

Kontiki is on a distinguished road
Question Citroen C15 Mechanical problem

Car Citroen C15 Diesel 1.8 year 1994:

Outline of problem when you take your foot off the accelerator the car veers to the left. All the time the accelerator is on it is ok.
  1. There are no loud noises
  2. The drive shafts have no play in them
  3. the engine mountings seem firm
  4. the wheel bearings are not disintigrating
  5. The shocks only bounce once and turn ok
  6. Disks need changing but working
I am not sure what else to look for and of course Haynes are not so good these days, no explanation in there.
Help
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citroen C15 Mechanical problem

Strange.
Sounds like it might be too much toe. Start by getting the wheel alignment checked. (Direction-reglage-parallelisme)
http://www.cambouis.com/land-rover/d...me-ficelle.htm
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 6:07 pm
Robert

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Strange.
Sounds like it might be too much toe. Start by getting the wheel alignment checked. (Direction-reglage-parallelisme)
http://www.cambouis.com/land-rover/d...me-ficelle.htm
No it's not that sort of thing, to describe it almost as if the diffis so far apart that the drive is working almost independent, does that makes sense to you. So we have drive then you take your foot off and the left drive continues to drive causing vehicle to veer to the left. Its a positive veer rather than the type you get if the toe in/out is out of line.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Was this something you noticed all of a sudden, or has it perhaps been progressive and so bad now that you must find a solution?
Or is this on a C15 that you have recently purchased?
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

The more I think about this the more I think it could well be a problem with the differential, given that the diff aims the engine's power to the wheels, has the task of final gear reduction, transmitting the power whilst allowing the wheels to rotate at different speeds.
Sounds like it's a job for your local Citroen garage (at least initially for their advise and estimation) unless of course you enjoy playing around with gearboxes yourself.
I for one would be interested to hear the diagnosis and suggested fix.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 9:56 am
Robert

Question Re: Citroen C15 Mechanical problem

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
The more I think about this the more I think it could well be a problem with the differential, given that the diff aims the engine's power to the wheels, has the task of final gear reduction, transmitting the power whilst allowing the wheels to rotate at different speeds.
Sounds like it's a job for your local Citroen garage (at least initially for their advise and estimation) unless of course you enjoy playing around with gearboxes yourself.
I for one would be interested to hear the diagnosis and suggested fix.
Garage, God you just swore at me have not used a garage since I had a business with couriers. The biggest load of crooks in one spot on the planet, next to the government of course.

Oh yes just bought very cheap. When on tripods the turning of one wheel there is a little play but for the age to be expected. Ha this sort of thing with our Series III just kept veering across the road to the left again, very alarming and would not always happen, then one day in our town I heard a loud Grating noise it was the left hand bearing, which had at last broken up.

But I think you could be on the right track (forgive the Unintentional pun) what an internal gear breaking up?
Old Jan 1st 2012, 6:24 pm
Robert

problem solved. attached to the roll bar and the wheel is a Demi- Trains, which also connects to the body and the lower arm of the suspension. I am shocked that this is not considered more serious by the Control Technique as it is alarming and would be very bad on a Autoroute. It's called also a BRAS DE SUSPENSION or lower lower suspension arm.

Its a simple job to do and the parts cost me 45€ postage included, but more expensive in a garage of course.
Old Jan 1st 2012, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glad you eventually got it sorted. From several links I've just checked this appears problematic on a number of PSA group vehicles.
Presumably it's the bearing that fails in these? Did you need to change out l/h and r/h sides?