Reload this Page >

Childcare/camps in the summer?

Childcare/camps in the summer?

Old Feb 5th 2019, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

FefeC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Childcare/camps in the summer?

Hi all,

Looking for some recommendations... We moved to Toulouse a couple of months back and I'm looking for something for my children to do in the summer, to meet friends, etc.
Back in England, the kids went to a residential summer camp (XUK camps) but looking for something similar close-by. Does anyone know of any?

Fefe
Old Feb 5th 2019, 5:19 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childcare/camps in the summer?

english or french speaking? ages? girls or boys?
Old Feb 5th 2019, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Type 'Colonie de Vacances 2019' into Google search and you'll see dozens of ideas. HERE's just one of many.
Having said that, you should find that the school will suggest something each year. They did with our junior in the Toulouse region, and he always had a great time.
Old Feb 6th 2019, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

Go ask at the Mairie or local "centre de jeunesse" if there is one in your town - our kids went on week long summer camps each summer organised locally which took them on activity breaks to the mountains or beaches. There was also one organised by the Department or Region that regrouped a few bus loads of teenagers and took them for a week into the Pyrenees, so maybe you have that option as well. The kids always enjoyed them.
Old Feb 6th 2019, 12:32 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by south_bound
Go ask at the Mairie or local "centre de jeunesse" if there is one in your town - our kids went on week long summer camps each summer organised locally which took them on activity breaks to the mountains or beaches. There was also one organised by the Department or Region that regrouped a few bus loads of teenagers and took them for a week into the Pyrenees, so maybe you have that option as well. The kids always enjoyed them.
If the children are of Primary age, the OP might consider the local "Centre Aéré" which most Communes propose for the school holidays. Not a camp, but activities during the day. As said, the Mairie will give info on the conditions for enrolling (I believe that families where both parents work or are on low-income are given priority, if places are limited). The OP's children could try theirs' out during the Spring holidays to see if it suits...
If they are older, then the Mairie, or their friends' parents, will most likely give info as to the steps to be taken. Neither primary nor secondary schools in our area organise summer camps, but they send the pupils on "classes vertes" during term-time.
HTH
Old Feb 6th 2019, 2:52 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I asked for more info on the kids concerned because it really is very age dependant and obviously language too. Since the OP lives near Toulouse, I didn't want to assume that french language would be ok!
The centres aeres ( sorry US keyboard) are great for the younger kids but probably only for a week at a time? My kids found them rather boring and the quality of them in terms of what they do is very hit/miss. The days where they do anything interesting tend to get booked up immediately the calendar goes live.
If you are airbus.fr then their summer camps are great, airbus uk used to have access to them but I don't know if that is still the case.
The mairie de toulouse has a list of 'approved" camps for Midi Pyrennees.
are you a member of this FB group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/2478...location=group
That would be a good place to go and ask?
One of my fave camps is Dance and Theatre Summer Camps in France - Beauville Arts My elder daughter went when we lived near Toulouse and my younger daughter also goes ( we fly her from Texas!). Everything is in English (Claire and Jonathan) teach at IST) and the kids are from all over the world. I know some of the weeks are booked up so you would need to get a move on.
Old Feb 6th 2019, 4:54 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I asked for more info on the kids concerned because it really is very age dependant and obviously language too. Since the OP lives near Toulouse, I didn't want to assume that french language would be ok!
The centres aeres ( sorry US keyboard) are great for the younger kids but probably only for a week at a time? My kids found them rather boring and the quality of them in terms of what they do is very hit/miss. The days where they do anything interesting tend to get booked up immediately the calendar goes live.
In our nearest town, the kids are enrolled for a whole month in the summer, and for the whole fortnight for all the other holidays. It's all or nothing, no pick and choose... But then it's not a city nor or Airbus-country....