Cheap flights

Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold
Default Cheap flights

Where and how do people get them from? I am trying for Perpignan to London Gatwick or even Southampton return for weekend and can only find horrendous fares.

Even tried looking at train but that wasn't much use either.

Anyone got any ideas, info or advice?
Old Apr 27th 2008, 6:37 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap flights

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
Where and how do people get them from? I am trying for Perpignan to London Gatwick or even Southampton return for weekend and can only find horrendous fares.

I've got the same problem, wanting to go to Sussex from the Hérault. For the moment there's only Ryanair to Stansted, which is a pain in the neck for southerners. This last time, I took the TGV to Paris, then the Eurostar to Ashford, where I caught the Brighton train along the coast. It's probably more expensive in the long run, and not suitable for just a weekend, but it's one solution...
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the weekend fares are always more expensive than those you can get if you can fly mid-week. Have you tried Opodo.fr? You can sometimes get cheaper rates with them than booking direct with the airlines.
The further ahead you can book the better rates you seem to get too. For example with Ryanair from Perpignan to London Stanstead, if you leave next weekend the return fare is 154 euros. If you do the same trip in June it is 92 euros (including taxes) for a return flight.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:49 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Try kayak.com
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I've always flown from Manchester (EasyJet) to Paris (and vice versa), Birmingham International or East Midlands Airport, very cheaply, but the trick is to find a budget airline and to book in advance. Weekends and holiday seasons are expensive. My last flight was a month ago from East Midlands Airport on BMI Baby and excluding tax, it cost me £2.04, flying out around 4pm on a Tuesday afternoon. If I'd taken the same flight the day before it would have been £120 before tax. The days of cheap airline fares may be numbered soon.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all the advice. I will try these sites.

The cheaper weekday flights are double edged because hotels are dearer in England during the week. Can't win can you? LOL
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the advice. I will try these sites.

The cheaper weekday flights are double edged because hotels are dearer in England during the week. Can't win can you? LOL
I know, it's so frustrating isn't it. Again though, if you look at places like Travelodge and can book far enough ahead, you can get rooms from 19 GBP a night. I've managed it a few times around Portsmouth.