Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Certificate of entitlement from DVLA

Certificate of entitlement from DVLA

Old Jun 25th 2021, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

MurielSarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certificate of entitlement from DVLA

Hi, I’ve been calling the DVLA contact centre for days and days but the line is constantly busy. I need a certificate of entitlement to drive abroad and the only way to get one is to request one by phone. I’ve tried emailing, web chat but no avail. I would like to know what exactly is written in the DVLA certificate of entitlement to see if I can somehow retrieve this information via the DVLA website. Any advice would be hugely appreciated! I’m at my wits end! Thank you in advance!
Old Jun 25th 2021, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certificate of entitlement from DVLA

I imagine they are completely overwhelmed with calls right now, after yesterday's news. I would not bother with webchat, as you're very unlikely to get through that way. Unfortunately I don't think there's any other way to receive the information other than by post or fax. I would keep trying the phone number until you reach somebody - frustrating I know. I believe the COE is valid for 3 months.
Old Jun 25th 2021, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

Do you actually need to change your driving licence at this stage Under the new agreement they only need to be changed if you get points or your DL/photocard has less than 6 months to run
Old Jun 29th 2021, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Niz4590 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MurielSarg
Hi, I’ve been calling the DVLA contact centre for days and days but the line is constantly busy. I need a certificate of entitlement to drive abroad and the only way to get one is to request one by phone. I’ve tried emailing, web chat but no avail. I would like to know what exactly is written in the DVLA certificate of entitlement to see if I can somehow retrieve this information via the DVLA website. Any advice would be hugely appreciated! I’m at my wits end! Thank you in advance!
I am exactly in the same boat. I gave my driving license summary to the authorities here in Canada for exchange but they need this certificate and it seems like there is no way to get it
Old Jun 30th 2021, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Hi - it’s impossible to get a reply. I must have rang over a hundred times!
What I did was log in to my DVLA account online and obtain a code - this produces a pdf of all the particulars of your licence, i.e. any convictions, points, full licence, vehicles you can drive etc. You obtain a unique code that is valid for 21 days and with this code a third party can check your details online. I printed out the pdf and this was accepted. I doubt they will check the code. I hope this helps!
Old Jul 1st 2021, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

That is good info, thanks.
Wheny you say
What I did was log in to my DVLA account online
- is it easy to set up a DVLA account? I didn't know such things existed. What can you do with a DVLA account, apart from this?
Old Jul 1st 2021, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi - it’s impossible to get a reply. I must have rang over a hundred times!
What I did was log in to my DVLA account online and obtain a code - this produces a pdf of all the particulars of your licence, i.e. any convictions, points, full licence, vehicles you can drive etc. You obtain a unique code that is valid for 21 days and with this code a third party can check your details online. I printed out the pdf and this was accepted. I doubt they will check the code. I hope this helps!

unfortunately in Canada they are sticking to the COE requirement and not accepting the PDF code. It is becoming impossible!!!
Old Jul 1st 2021, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi, you can view your licence online at www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
I had problems logging in so I did it via Digidentity- an app that confirms your identify. The link on the dvla/GOV website is “GOV.UK VERIFY” It’s tedious to set up but once it’s done it’s very quick and convenient. You can see all the details of your driving licence online.
Old Jul 10th 2021, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Tabularasa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am coming to Canada soon and I had the same issue with not getting through on the phone to DVLA. I emailed but they took two weeks to reply to say I need to post the D888 form to get the driving record.

I did it and sent a form for me and my wife and it was signed for in DVLA last Saturday. Here I am one week later, and the driving records came at the same time! One week is reasonable.

Post your D888 forms to:

DACT TEAM
D9
DVLA
SWANSEA
SA6 7JL

Old Jul 10th 2021, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi

is this form the same as that which is online and gives a driving record summary ? . I have already given them my info for driving record from online DVLA website. Just be mindful here in Canada they need the particular certificate which says certificate of entitlement at the top
Old Jul 10th 2021, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Interesting. So what does the Certificate of Entitlement say that the detailed driving record does not?
Old Jul 29th 2021, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

This is a Certificate of Entitlement, once issued it's only valid for 3 months.

Old Jul 29th 2021, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Yes that is correct that is the one being accepted.

Thanks
Old Jul 29th 2021, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

cardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond repute

I lost my French licence. DVLA says I must get a confirmation from France before they will (re)issue a UK licence.
France in the usual fonc way says I must apply for a replacement and says replacements are only available with proof of French residence so tough luck and go away.
Is there an online equivalent in France of the certificate of entitlement? Is there an online record I can access?

Old Jul 29th 2021, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
This is a Certificate of Entitlement, once issued it's only valid for 3 months.

Thanks! You got me concerned so I called the DVLA and ordered ours. I was surprised I got through after weeks of trying. I had to call just as the lines opened in the morning. Still waiting though…..I’m flying out on Aug 9th so fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.