Cat sitters

Old Nov 24th 2019, 8:55 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cat sitters

Originally Posted by KJMW
Trust me, I know my own affairs.
OK.
Old Nov 24th 2019, 12:00 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The post was nonsense<.
There's really no need to be rude. If you don't agree with something that's been posted, it's perfectly possible to say so politely.
Old Nov 24th 2019, 12:36 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

You are right, it's not the case. I have civil insurance it's usually an integral part of any home insurance. The post was nonsense<.
Please do not resort to this sort of comment as it is not acceptable within the forums where politeness is essential. TIO is a slightly different matter but please do not confuse the two.

Rosemary
Old Nov 25th 2019, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

Reference has been made to the advice given on the official french government website which contains all the advice you need to live easily and relatively stress free in France There is a reason that this advice is given-that there will be a problem with your house insurance Ignore this advice if you wish but all you are doing is giving your insurance company a "get out of jail card" totally free A quick chat with your insurance company will sort this one way or the other
Old Nov 25th 2019, 6:29 pm
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Listen Very Carefully
Reference has been made to the advice given on the official french government website which contains all the advice you need to live easily and relatively stress free in France There is a reason that this advice is given-that there will be a problem with your house insurance Ignore this advice if you wish but all you are doing is giving your insurance company a "get out of jail card" totally free A quick chat with your insurance company will sort this one way or the other
I have already said I'm in full control of my affairs, but thank you anyway.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 5:49 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

I have already said I'm in full control of my affairs, but thank you anyway.
Should anyone be interested in looking after my cats whilst I travel I am still interested in it happening. The area I live is amongst the best anywhere in the world for walkers and sight seeing. The Pays Basque is a truly beautiful place. I know I have said it before but I'm not interested in professional cat sitters It's not a question of 'being tight'! I simply like to meet people who may (and have) become very good friends. I also feel 'amateurs' would love the animals more. The only thing that a cat sitter would have to pay out is for most of their own food. The cats are very independent and come and go through a cat flap. I can even throw in a car if necessary. Anytime of the year that suits.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Should anyone be interested in looking after my cats whilst I travel I am still interested in it happening. The area I live is amongst the best anywhere in the world for walkers and sight seeing. The Pays Basque is a truly beautiful place. I know I have said it before but I'm not interested in professional cat sitters It's not a question of 'being tight'! I simply like to meet people who may (and have) become very good friends. I also feel 'amateurs' would love the animals more. The only thing that a cat sitter would have to pay out is for most of their own food. The cats are very independent and come and go through a cat flap. I can even throw in a car if necessary. Anytime of the year that suits.
The thing is that I think most of the posters on this site have their own lives and their own commitments France and they can't just drop everything for a few weeks and go somewhere else.
Previously I had an itinerant kind of lifestyle and I might well have been tempted because that's one of the few parts of France I don't know at all, and I do love cats, but my situation has changed and I want to spend as much time as I can at my home in Normandy. But if things change again, which they might, I'll be in touch !
Mightn't you do better putting your proposal up on on UK sites? Someone who lives in the UK and fancies a few weeks in France, either as a holiday or with a view to relocating, would probably jump at it.

Old Nov 30th 2019, 8:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
The thing is that I think most of the posters on this site have their own lives and their own commitments France and they can't just drop everything for a few weeks and go somewhere else.
Previously I had an itinerant kind of lifestyle and I might well have been tempted because that's one of the few parts of France I don't know at all, and I do love cats, but my situation has changed and I want to spend as much time as I can at my home in Normandy. But if things change again, which they might, I'll be in touch !
Mightn't you do better putting your proposal up on on UK sites? Someone who lives in the UK and fancies a few weeks in France, either as a holiday or with a view to relocating, would probably jump at it.
I'm absolutely sure that not only most, but everyone has their own lives. I'm not asking anyone to drop anything, far from it. It is simply should someone want, what is in effect, a free holiday, then they are welcome to get in touch. How are people to know if I don't say? The notion that I'm asking people to 'drop everything' simply isn't accurate.

I do have friends who come from the U.K. as well as friends in France who cat sit. I just feel it's nice to expand it somewhat, make new friends perhaps. I do have, though it may not seem like it, adequate numbers of friends and family who come and stay here allowing us to get away. In effect I'm trying to plan ahead with my post. The more people interested in staying here the greater the flexibility I have for travel.

Should your circumstances change then yes, please get in touch. The more the merrier.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

I'm absolutely sure that not only most, but everyone has their own lives..
My bad, I didn't mean that only most people had their own lives LOL! Everybody has their own life! What I meant was that most posters' lives and commitments are in France. But there are also some second home owners on here, and maybe some francophiles who don't have any stake here at all.

A question, could your sitters bring their own pets?
Old Nov 30th 2019, 9:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
My bad, I didn't mean that only most people had their own lives LOL! Everybody has their own life! What I meant was that most posters' lives and commitments are in France. But there are also some second home owners on here, and maybe some francophiles who don't have any stake here at all.

A question, could your sitters bring their own pets?
A budgie perhaps!!! The cats would like that I'm sure. Seriously though the answer is no. The cats are not the sort that take kindly to other pets. They are not wild or anything like that. Quite the contrary; they are quite sensitive. It is why when people ask to come here I do have to make certain things clear: Only a single person or a couple, no pets, no friends, no children. The cats come first. Sounds a bit draconian perhaps but as a cat lover yourself I feel sure that the comfort and wellbeing of the cats would be your first concern also.

Animals are a huge responsibility which is why I never put them in a cat's home.. In fact, they have cost me considerable expense when people have said they would come here, I book a trip then they cancel!!! It has happened to me twice and both trips I had to cancel were to Asia and I'm afraid travel insurance does't cover 'canceled cat sitters!! Another reason why I like to get to know anyone who wants to cat sit, I have to know they are genuine.

As for second home owners or people living here permanently, to me, all is the same regarding getting to know them and the 'feeling' they have for animals.

Old Nov 30th 2019, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A budgie perhaps!!! The cats would like that I'm sure.
or a pet mouse maybe?
Seriously though the answer is no... Only a single person or a couple, no pets, no friends, no children.
That narrows it down to animal lovers with no pets of their own, then. Thanks, that's clear now.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:48 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
All the more reason to cultivate your neighbours or nearby cat-lovers, who would be less likely to cancel at the last minute and ruin your plans. At least for when you fancy going away on a short trip and your reliable family and friends aren't available....
As suggested by ET, you may do better to search for potential sitters on UK sites - there hasn't been much response here, and members who have pets of their own would have to look for minders themselves....
Old Nov 30th 2019, 4:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi,
All the more reason to cultivate your neighbours or nearby cat-lovers, who would be less likely to cancel at the last minute and ruin your plans. At least for when you fancy going away on a short trip and your reliable family and friends aren't available....
As suggested by ET, you may do better to search for potential sitters on UK sites - there hasn't been much response here, and members who have pets of their own would have to look for minders themselves....
I think , with respect, you are missing the point. I throw open to anyone the possibility to come and cat sit. My neighbours have cat slitted at short notice and I don't have any problems with having people come here to cat sit over a longer term. I plan for the long term and that is why I post as I do. I'm thinking of next year and the year after that.
I'm giving those that may be interested an opportunity to plan ahead. It is a mutual thing.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 4:45 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think , with respect, you are missing the point. I throw open to anyone the possibility to come and cat sit. My neighbours have cat slitted at short notice and I don't have any problems with having people come here to cat sit over a longer term. I plan for the long term and that is why I post as I do. I'm thinking of next year and the year after that.
I'm giving those that may be interested an opportunity to plan ahead. It is a mutual thing.
Not sure which point I missed - I had high-lighted in red the fact that your cats are independent and can go in and out through the cat flap, therefore that you wouldn't necessarily need some one sleeping in your house. You hadn't mentioned that neighbours had already cat-sat before....
Anyway, good luck with your search...
Old Nov 30th 2019, 5:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dmu
Not sure which point I missed - I had high-lighted in red the fact that your cats are independent and can go in and out through the cat flap, therefore that you wouldn't necessarily need some one sleeping in your house. You hadn't mentioned that neighbours had already cat-sat before....
Anyway, good luck with your search...
Possibly the point you missed is that the cats always have someone living in. Yes, they do come and go as they please through a cat flap but it is essential, as far as I'm concerned anyway, that should a cat come home injured or whatever, then someone is here to look after them; Not possible if it is a neighbour just popping in occasionally. Thank you for your interest quite obviously you care for pets as I do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.