Carte Vital & U1 Document

Wikiposts

Carte Vital & U1 Document

Old Oct 27th 2015, 3:58 am
Just Joined

KJBeck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carte Vital & U1 Document

Hi guys!

I'm a newbie on this forum but I'm looking for other people like me. I'm in a funny situation where I've recently just finished my Masters degree in Scotland and have now fully moved over to France to be with my boyfriend who I met in my first year of university, 5 years ago. He is French which makes live much easy for me to come here as he already has a flat, car etc.

I have lived in France for a full 3 years years before this move so I'm fluent in French, but two of those years I was here with my mum and dad (7-9 years old) and then I came back for a year when I was 21 to do my Erasmus year. Everything was structured and easy as I had people helping me, in addition as part of my studies I had to work in a French company to complete my studies so I even worked a full year between 2012-2013.

Now that I'm here myself I need to find my feet, and get myself a job. I visited Pole Emploi which were extremely lovely but the region that I'm in doesn't have a lot of jobs in my profession (MSc Mech Engineer in Sens, Bourgogne).
Pole Emploi have now asked me for a couple of obscure things, a Carte Vital and a U1 document for the UK - does anyone know, or has experience, in getting these documents? Any help would be amazing!

Thank you so much! Kirsty.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carte Vital & U1 Document

A carte vitale means proof that you're in the French health system, which you need to be or what will you do if you get ill. If you're living with your bf and he is willing, he can arrange to get you into the system on the basis of his contributions (is he working?).
Other than that, you might have a problem with the carte vitale, so cook him a really nice dinner tonight before you ask him.
A U1 is (I think!) a statement from DWP providing your NIC contributions history. Suggest you phone DWP in Newcastle, they'll explain what it is and how you get one.
Welcome to the forum and to Burgundy, enjoy!
Old Oct 27th 2015, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

U1 is a record of National insurance Contributions paid and credited. Do you have a National insurance Number ? Have you ever worked in the UK or claimed Unemployment Benefit ?
Useful forms for social security rights - Your Europe
Old Oct 27th 2015, 10:39 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
U1 is a record of National insurance Contributions paid and credited. Do you have a National insurance Number ? Have you ever worked in the UK or claimed Unemployment Benefit ?
Useful forms for social security rights - Your Europe
All being well if you are born in the UK the NI number "NINo" is assigned at or just prior to 16 years of age and if you have student loans these days you will have an NINo..
Old Oct 28th 2015, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

You don't have to ring HMRC, just visit this webpage:

https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc...ate=CA3916.xdp

You'll have to wait at least 2 months before you get it

You are entitled to Pôle Emploi benefits if you have worked in the UK as an employee and either

1. resigned to follow your partner who found a new job in France
2. got fired

However you have to work at least 1 day in France to unblock this money.

Don't ask for dole money in the UK it's not worth it ; however you will get 57% of your average previous wages in France if you ask for Pôle Emploi benefits.

Last edited by babyposer; Oct 28th 2015 at 1:29 am.