Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Carte de Sejour

Carte de Sejour

Old May 30th 2019, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Endonurse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carte de Sejour

morning wondered if somebody could help me. I have applied for a Carte de Sejour, along with my Husband. We went to our appointments together and applied at the same booth one after the other. The lady at the counter did all the necessary with regards to paperwork, fingerprints etc.Which were all put into the same folder. Now my question is ....
My Husband has recieved notification when to attend the prefecture to pick his up. (over a week ago) and I’ve heard nothing! Has my paperwork been mislayed? Had it fallen down the back of a filing cabinet or am I being impatient . What do I do? Thank you
Old May 30th 2019, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carte de Sejour

A very good question!
Knowing that most if not all prefectures are now desperately short-staffed (nothing to do with Brexit) and furthermore run off their feet with CdS applications from many nationalities (you've obviously seen the queues of 'em during your visits), if I were you I would wait another week or 10 days and then follow up inquiries.

Fwiw, I made an application at a different service at the prefecture for the renewal of a number of permits. Knowing that these in the past have taken from 1 to 3 months to renew, I presented my 30 page dossier in Sept - well in good time - as the permits expired in Jan of this year. I'd still not received any feed-back by mid Jan and started to panic. Several e-mails followed with nowt forthcoming by Feb. Spoke to someone who assured me they were doing everything to clear the backlog of applications. A week or two later I then sent a letter by registered mail explaining my serious concerns. My permits were received mid March, a wait of over 5 months, for something that at the best took 1 month a few years ago.
Checking over the permits I realised there was one missing - a serious ommision. I checked copies of my original application and all was in order, I'd overlooked nothing. A registered mail was sent to the prefecture informing them of their ommision. I've heard nothing since! But due to the importance, don't intend to let this rest.
Now I don't intend to make this a political rant, but it's not surprising that so many in the public sector and especially medical staff are at the end of their tether, and just last week, the emergency service of a hospital went on strike due to chronic understaffing, leading to burn-out and other work-associated difficulties. It's definitely not looking good for the future.........

Last edited by Tweedpipe; May 30th 2019 at 7:55 am.
Old Oct 13th 2019, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting pro-active link below. Online residence permit application procedure for British nationals residing in France before the date of withdrawal from the United Kingdom of the European Union, in case of Brexit without an agreement.
https://contacts-demarches.interieur...-titre-sejour/
I understand that the French government site will not be up-and running until a no-deal has been confirmed (heaven forbid).
Old Oct 13th 2019, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

I put in an application through that portal a couple of days ago, after all why not, it's free and it took about 3 minutes start to finish. If we do crash out (heaven forbid as you say) I will hopefully have beaten the rush, and if we don't, no harm done.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
I put in an application through that portal a couple of days ago, after all why not, it's free and it took about 3 minutes start to finish. If we do crash out (heaven forbid as you say) I will hopefully have beaten the rush, and if we don't, no harm done.
As DelBoy Trotter would say, "You know it makes sense."