Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Carte de séjour : Nature de la demande

Carte de séjour : Nature de la demande

Old Apr 20th 2019, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

PyrenBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Carte de séjour : Nature de la demande

Brilliant. Best answer yet and my plan after i try one more time to ask the question by phoning them after Easter. The paperwork has been ready for a few months but getting the RDV has been the most complicated!
Old Apr 20th 2019, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PyrenBrit
Brilliant. Best answer yet and my plan after i try one more time to ask the question by phoning them after Easter. The paperwork has been ready for a few months but getting the RDV has been the most complicated!
I'm a bit confused now. If you have already prepared your dossier then you must have already decided what status you're applying under. Otherwise how did you know what to put in your dossier.
I do agree though that it doesn't make a lot of difference to the prefecture what box you tick, they will look at your application when you rock up and take it from there.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 7:50 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
I'm a bit confused now. If you have already prepared your dossier then you must have already decided what status you're applying under. Otherwise how did you know what to put in your dossier.
I do agree though that it doesn't make a lot of difference to the prefecture what box you tick, they will look at your application when you rock up and take it from there.
I hate to point out the obvious bit you were all missing

Post One

Hi everyone.
When trying to make an appointment at the préfécture at Toulouse on their website, it's necessary to give a ''nature de la demande'. None of the cases apply to us.
​​​​
That statement alone means it has nothing to do with filling out the CdS paperwork but just trying to sit in front of someone at the Prefecture in Toulouse....... lol
Old Apr 20th 2019, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Yes thank you.
What we did was look at all the documents required for each case and have made copies of everything that may be relevant (payslips, tax returns, utility bills, etc, etc, etc).
Old Apr 20th 2019, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
I hate to point out the obvious bit you were all missing

Post One

That statement alone means it has nothing to do with filling out the CdS paperwork but just trying to sit in front of someone at the Prefecture in Toulouse....... lol
Wotever.
I know what the original post said but in the light of what has been said since I don't really see the complication. He is providing payslips so presumably he is applying basically as a salaried worker because that that is the only category that provides payslips, OK he's not exactly a CDI holder but he will have to argue his case based on what he has. His OH has never worked so presumably she is applying as an inactive because what else can she apply as (so they will each have to tick different boxes).
I don't understand the bit about it having nothing to do with filling out the paperwork. AFAIK sitting in front of someone at the prefecture is not really the point if you're making a CDS appointment, you don't go along for the chat, the whole point is to process your dossier. My rdv consisted entirely of me handing over my completed dossier and her checking it, copying it, and taking my fingerprints. But maybe they do things differently in Toulouse.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

As I have previously said I have done various CDDs and am currently a recipient of the ARE.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 7:28 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Wotever.
I know what the original post said but in the light of what has been said since I don't really see the complication. He is providing payslips so presumably he is applying basically as a salaried worker because that that is the only category that provides payslips, OK he's not exactly a CDI holder but he will have to argue his case based on what he has. His OH has never worked so presumably she is applying as an inactive because what else can she apply as (so they will each have to tick different boxes).
I don't understand the bit about it having nothing to do with filling out the paperwork. AFAIK sitting in front of someone at the prefecture is not really the point if you're making a CDS appointment, you don't go along for the chat, the whole point is to process your dossier. My rdv consisted entirely of me handing over my completed dossier and her checking it, copying it, and taking my fingerprints. But maybe they do things differently in Toulouse.
.... on separate application forms.
As a matter of interest, when married couples apply for CdSs, do they present one dossier?
Sorry to harp on this aspect, but the OH hasn't specified whether he and his "partner" are legally bound and, if not, presumably she must comply with all the conditions individually. Best to be sure that each has a solid dossier before trying to make the (double) appointment.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Not married, not PACSed, but she is declared as my dependant at the securité social.

Last edited by PyrenBrit; Apr 21st 2019 at 7:33 am.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One dossier per person, and at my préfecture each member of the couple has to make their own separate appointment.

I suggest the OP reads point 7 of this article which seems to fit his situation:
https://www.thelocal.fr/20181114/com...sidency-permit
- I wouldn't normally give a lot of credence to "The Local" as a source, but Debra Archer is very knowledgable about these things and is one of the people behind the RIFT organisation whose advice is spot on as a rule.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 7:46 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

As I have previously said I have done various CDDs and am currently a recipient of the ARE.
Sorry, I meant to do a multi-quote reply.
As said, whatever papers you can present for yourself, your partner doesn't seem to have a solid dossier on her own account. If you're married, it might be less of a problem for her if your income is taken into account, but, as said, it's best to be sure of having thought of everything before going to the RV.
We've gone off on a tangent from your original question, but fore-warned is fore-armed!
Good luck!
Post crossed with ET's, good to know that you'll need two separate appointments....

Last edited by dmu; Apr 21st 2019 at 7:49 am.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

One dossier per person, and at my préfecture each member of the couple has to make their own separate appointment.

I suggest the OP reads point 7 of this article which seems to fit his situation:
- I wouldn't normally give a lot of credence to "The Local" as a source, but Debra Archer is very knowledgable about these things and is one of the people behind the RIFT organisation whose advice is spot on as a rule.
ET. That appears to answer many queries that may be bothering others reading this thread.
Just a comment ref Point 5 in that article 'How much does it cost?"
The application and the vetting of a dossier is indeed free. However the docs required by my local prefecture clearly stated that officially certified copies and translation of my birth and marriage certificates had to be presented, also a certified copy of my passport, and this was confirmed by the person at the desk who personaly gave me the 'document rule sheet' on my initial visit. The above docs and translations came to approx 100 euros. It was only when I handed over my completed dossier at the interview that I was told the translations were not required. Doh!
May be worth putting them up for sale on LeBon Coin........

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Apr 21st 2019 at 8:16 am.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 11:38 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Although The Local and RIFT aren't official sources, could this link be transferred to the FAQs? There are many queries about CdSs at the moment and it will help first-time enquirers before they go into their specifics....
In fact, could there be a separate Read-Me Thread dedicated to applications for Cartes de Séjour?

Last edited by dmu; Apr 21st 2019 at 11:40 am.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
the docs required by my local prefecture clearly stated that officially certified copies and translation of my birth and marriage certificates had to be presented, also a certified copy of my passport, and this was confirmed by the person at the desk
Ha - yes my prefecture's website also said it needed certified translations but when I checked with the person at the desk, she smiled a superior smile and said That is the rule, but us here we understand English so we don't insist on it.
The night before my appointment I had a sudden what-if panic and typed up a (non certified) translation of my birth certificate myself, to have in my bag just in case, but they didn't ask.
Old Apr 25th 2019, 9:05 am
Just Joined

I received a reply from the préfécture that did answer my question:
The reason one puts on the site is not too important and they will adjust the nature of the demand when we go for our appointments.
Thank you to everyone that took the time to give replies.
​​​​​
Old Apr 25th 2019, 5:49 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

I received a reply from the préfécture that did answer my question:
The reason one puts on the site is not too important and they will adjust the nature of the demand when we go for our appointments.
Thank you to everyone that took the time to give replies.
​​​​​

Groovy figured that was the case.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.