British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Calling all La Rochelle english speaking mums / ladies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/calling-all-la-rochelle-english-speaking-mums-ladies-877801/)

NL17 May 21st 2016 2:01 pm

Calling all La Rochelle english speaking mums / ladies

Hi,

I moved to La Rochelle about a year ago with my husband and 2 girls, I do speak French as have been in France for 12 years and do have French friends. However, since moving to La Rochelle my friends are further away and I have struggled to find any English speaking groups.

So I have decided to try and set one up myself, so any English speaking mums/ ladies who are interested in getting together let me know. I would like to start with a coffee morning and take it from there.

InVinoVeritas May 23rd 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Calling all La Rochelle english speaking mums / ladies

Hi and welcome to the French forum!

I'm not sure there are many BE members in the La Rochelle area. A good tactic might be for you to put up notices in your local supermarkets and try to find people that way.

Good luck, anyway!

MillieF May 26th 2016 9:41 am

I did that some years ago in La Flèche where my son was born. We did it as a bi-monthly group, for bi-lingual families. We stuck notices in various supermarkets and libraries. We would generally meet in either Le Mans or Angers in one of the soft play centers and have lunch, or in good weather, in the park with a picnic. We had a network of probably 50 families eventually, all with bi-lingual kids. It was great fun....I wish you every success, very best of luck:thumbup:

cyrian May 26th 2016 11:49 am

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 11954531)
Hi and welcome to the French forum!

I'm not sure there are many BE members in the La Rochelle area. A good tactic might be for you to put up notices in your local supermarkets and try to find people that way.

Good luck, anyway!

+1
Plus use social media like Facebook to attract attention.
On Facebook, search for "expat in la rochelle" (bit out-of-date) or similar for results.
Good luck

Cathryn61 Jul 28th 2016 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by NL17 (Post 11953373)
Hi,

I moved to La Rochelle about a year ago with my husband and 2 girls, I do speak French as have been in France for 12 years and do have French friends. However, since moving to La Rochelle my friends are further away and I have struggled to find any English speaking groups.

So I have decided to try and set one up myself, so any English speaking mums/ ladies who are interested in getting together let me know. I would like to start with a coffee morning and take it from there.

Hi,
I live between the UK and close to La Rochelle. I do not have children and unfortunately not yet had the time to learn French. Too busy but I will...
I would love to meet people in the area.
Maybe we could meet for a coffee?
Cathryn

NL17 Aug 25th 2016 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Cathryn61 (Post 12014493)
Hi,
I live between the UK and close to La Rochelle. I do not have children and unfortunately not yet had the time to learn French. Too busy but I will...
I would love to meet people in the area.
Maybe we could meet for a coffee?
Cathryn

Hi, sorry have not been on the site over the summer. Thanks for your reply, if you are still around pm me and we can arrange to meet.

Piminie Aug 27th 2016 12:17 pm

Hi. Look for Mums Space France on facebook. It is exactly what it says it is. It is incredibly supportive & you would be surprised at how many are around your neck of the woods. They are having a 'summer market' next month so would be great timing for you to meet a few of us.

Cathryn61 Aug 31st 2016 1:11 pm

Hi NL17,

Sorry I could not reply sooner. I have been a bit busy and had forgotten my log in details :)

What area do you actually live in. Central La Rochelle or outskirts?

NL17 Sep 6th 2016 9:00 am

Hi,

I am between the centre and ile de re. If you want to meet up PM and we can try and get something together.

brittfranc Oct 26th 2016 11:56 am

Hello!
I wonder if you are still looking for other English speaking mums? I am! I'm Canadian and I've been living in La Rochelle for a few years. I am a stay at home mum with an almost 2 year old and could really use some English speaking friends :)
I hope to hear from you!

Britt

Hi,

NL17 Nov 16th 2016 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by brittfranc (Post 12086888)
Hello!
I wonder if you are still looking for other English speaking mums? I am! I'm Canadian and I've been living in La Rochelle for a few years. I am a stay at home mum with an almost 2 year old and could really use some English speaking friends :)
I hope to hear from you!

Britt

Hi,

Yeah sure would love to meet. Will try to PM you.

JessicaJohnston Mar 27th 2017 7:59 pm

Hi,
I'm an Australian with a 1.5year old son, Theo.
I've just arrived in La Rochelle 2 weeks ago and here with my husband (who's working here) for 8 weeks. Would love to meet for a coffee or play date if anyone is around. I'm staying near La Poste.
Jess

NL17 Apr 1st 2017 11:06 am

Originally Posted by JessicaJohnston (Post 12214520)
Hi,
I'm an Australian with a 1.5year old son, Theo.
I've just arrived in La Rochelle 2 weeks ago and here with my husband (who's working here) for 8 weeks. Would love to meet for a coffee or play date if anyone is around. I'm staying near La Poste.
Jess

Sent you a pm

Novocastrian Apr 1st 2017 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by NL17 (Post 12218863)
Sent you a pm

No you haven't. The poster needs 3 posts before receiving PMs. Site rules.

Sarahshort321 Apr 23rd 2017 11:06 pm

Hi,

Hi, I am moving to La Rochelle May. I am childfree but a nanny. I would love to meet new people there as my french is poor. if you would like to meet let me know?