Reload this Page >

Calling all horse lovers!

Calling all horse lovers!

Old May 23rd 2008, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

andyando is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling all horse lovers!

Hi everyone,
I have a few questions,I hope someone can help.What is the equestrian world like around Toulouse?I would hope to find work in a livery yard/Riding school.I speak french reasonably fluently as well as english so i guess i could appeal to french yards as well as any brits out there.How do BHS qualifications translate over there?Are they important or do they rely on experience more?Any snippets of advice or information would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Mel

Last edited by andyando; May 23rd 2008 at 8:47 pm.
Old May 24th 2008, 7:14 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all horse lovers!

Originally Posted by andyando
Hi everyone,
I have a few questions,I hope someone can help.What is the equestrian world like around Toulouse?I would hope to find work in a livery yard/Riding school.I speak french reasonably fluently as well as english so i guess i could appeal to french yards as well as any brits out there.How do BHS qualifications translate over there?Are they important or do they rely on experience more?Any snippets of advice or information would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Mel
Look on Google (France) for "centres equestres Toulouse". The first result mentions the Toulouse Vet. School, and the second gives you the Directory of Equestrian Centres for the Midi-Pyrénées (The Region of Toulouse).
Old May 24th 2008, 10:51 am
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Calling all horse lovers!

Originally Posted by andyando
Hi everyone,
Many Thanks,
Mel

I'd also like to find this out as I used to teach horse-riding and am BHS qualified. The only stables near me seem to be livery only, but as I live near 2 big Hippodromes I'm waiting for my spoken french to become faster before I approach them and see what I could do there. I miss horses so much I'd muck out for the chance of a ride! I also worked in a race riding stables when I was younger but not sure if I'd be up to being a work rider again!

Let me know what you find out, Mel and I'll do the same