Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

importing a car from Dubai

importing a car from Dubai

Old Jul 13th 2017, 7:31 am
Just Joined

nottusbor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default importing a car from Dubai

I am a UK citizen work in Dubai and am buying a holiday home in Brittany , from what i have seen on the interweb I can import a car bought in Dubai without import tax provided i have owned it for at least 6 months and its more than 12 months old ...

Has anyone tried this and can share their experience on the process , costs and documents required ?

Many Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2017, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: importing a car from Dubai

I have no up to date cost info to share with you, but have done it in the past with a sporting vehicle I just couldn't bare to part with. And frankly wouldn't want to go through the beaurocracy again. Others - who may disagree, possibly were faced with a highly sympathetic beaurocrat behind the desk at the prefecture. It can happen, albeit rarely in my experience.
The positive issue, your vehicle is I assume a lh drive which is a plus. Coming from Dubai you may be wishing to bring in something exotic and/or extremely gas-guzzling, which with the price of petrol here may make you think twice.
Others more informed than myself should be able to advise further re costs etc.