British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   British expats in Lyon? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/british-expats-lyon-490995/)

daily.ad Nov 1st 2007 12:01 pm

British expats in Lyon?

Hi everyone. I live in Lyon and I would be please to help out some british expats in Lyon.
Welcome newbies!
:)

treskillard Nov 1st 2007 8:37 pm

Re: British expats in Lyon?

Originally Posted by daily.ad (Post 5497151)
Hi everyone. I live in Lyon and I would be please to help out some british expats in Lyon.
Welcome newbies!

Do you know Calif????

L'ainette Jan 29th 2008 10:39 pm

Welcome newbies!

Hi, I live bit outside Lyon in Bourg en Bresse. Pleases to say Hi

themoose Jan 30th 2008 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by treskillard (Post 5498815)
Do you know Calif????

Is that the same Calif:confused: the wise old Italien who reads poetry and sings jazz by candle light whilst fussing an old mountain goat at the Little Louis coffee shop?

themoose Jan 30th 2008 12:55 pm

Welcome newbies!

Great place to live. Only been a few times to see family.... (they have now moved to Paris with work) Great food and great people. Hope you have a great life there:thumbsup:

Imogen_s May 12th 2008 4:36 pm

HI! I am moving over to Lyon in early June for a 18months roughly, I will be studying at the IEP and I can't wait.

Although I am having trouble with accommodation and jobs! any suggestions?xx:thumbsup:

val50 May 12th 2008 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by themoose (Post 5858753)
Is that the same Calif:confused: the wise old Italien who reads poetry and sings jazz by candle light whilst fussing an old mountain goat at the Little Louis coffee shop?

no, that's the postman:eek:

ajhurley May 15th 2008 1:17 pm

I'm also considering relocating to Lyon (among a few places in France, currently in London).

Anyone with any comments on life in Lyon? Culture? Arts? Cafes?

Will Davis Aug 27th 2008 5:40 pm

Welcome newbies!

Hi, My name's Will - I'm moving to the city at the end of September as I've been given a management position in a Language Travel Company.
Looking for accommadaton and fellow ex-pats!

val50 Aug 27th 2008 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Will Davis (Post 6720903)
Hi, My name's Will - I'm moving to the city at the end of September as I've been given a management position in a Language Travel Company.
Looking for accommadaton and fellow ex-pats!

Hi Will,
welcome to the forum:thumbsup: Our daughter worked in Lyon last year for a few months and loved it. I've just deleted you email address so you don't get unwanted spam mail. Once you've posted more than 3 times you will be able to receive pm's (private messages) from other members
look forward to hearing more from you
Val

Africanrose Sep 11th 2008 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by ajhurley (Post 6354451)
I'm also considering relocating to Lyon (among a few places in France, currently in London).

I worked in Lyon for a few months over the summer and loved it. I lived on the outskirts of town, in Limonest, but found the bus and the tram a great way to get around, and if that didn't get me where I wanted I walked. There are massive makets on the quays during the week where one can buy all sorts of fresh fruit and veg, and plenty of bars and little cafes, especially in Vieux Lyon. There is a lot of history in Lyon, and the Musee des Beaux Arts is beautiful. As a student, I got in free and spent several afternoons wondering around in there. There are also plenty of traboules to discover, and some beautiful architecture.
If you are looking for expats, I would suggest trying the St James, an English pub, owned (I think) by an Englishman, or one of the Irish pubs.

le plumber Sep 13th 2008 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by ajhurley (Post 6354451)

Lyon has all you want concerning culture, arts and cafés