Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

British Builder/French builder ?

Wikiposts

British Builder/French builder ?

Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Matt_clark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Builder/French builder ?

Many years ago I worked for a farmer who was also a builder here in the UK , it was his dads farm but he did both jobs believe it or not 'he was a odd chap' not to say that all farmers are the same ha from what I understand farmers in the UK (the polite ones) tend to be a very close nit net work.. How's that working out in France for you?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light

I think it is pretty much like in the UK, our nearest farming neighbour is an arable contractor and is, incidentally, doing more and more building work property developing, house building etc. If either of us has a tractor or Manitou off the road, we borrow from the other one, it works very well. Between us we have diggers, trailers, everything a boy could want!
Over here they have CUMAs, where a group of farmers buy and maintain farm machinery and it is available, in theory, when they need it. We already have a lot of machinery so we aren't in one.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light

Forgot to say that actually we also have a contract for emptying waste vinegar from a nearby cornichon factory, averaging 10 trips a month with tractor and tanker, it certainly tops up the income - and our only regular income It's tough being a farmer!
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

Matt_clark is an unknown quantity at this point

Who wants an easy life sue, if we did we wouldn't know we were living ha thank you for your input it's greatly appreciated if and when my partner and I make the move I shall look you up when were thinking of buying chickens!

All the best
Matt