Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

British in and around Saumur

British in and around Saumur

Old Dec 11th 2009, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

TM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to all
Default British in and around Saumur

Hi all

Me and my better half have now settled into Saumur in the Loire Valley. My wife is originally from this area (yes, I was sensible enough to marry a French lady!), and we've spent many years traveling the world, but with kids growing up, decided France would be the best place for this. We're still 'quite' young (I like to think so!), in our early to mid Thirties and with kids of 4 and 2.

We'd love to meet up with anyone who lives in the local area! Do let us know....
Old Dec 12th 2009, 2:14 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British in and around Saumur

Loads of Brits in & around Saumur. You only have to listen in the marketplace as we did today on a rare day out into town!

I have a friend (a vigneron) who (he says) was sensible enough to marry a Brit!

I'm staying out of the argument!
Old Dec 12th 2009, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

TM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to all

I would too :-) Sensitive subjects!
Old Dec 12th 2009, 2:56 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TM_001
I would too :-) Sensitive subjects!
You know it makes sense!
Old Dec 12th 2009, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I can't help but I can give you the nearby address of my French inlaws. They don't speak English, and they don't like the English who who live in France, but otherwise they're perfectly adorable!
Old Dec 12th 2009, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

My froggy wife was sensible enough to marry a Britt too. Bless her!
Old Dec 12th 2009, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

ha! well, my french is just bearable - just!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:24 am
New ember - smoulderin'

analyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to all

I'm hoping, in the foreseeable future, to be living in the Saumur area.

However, it may take some time . . . and the way the pound is going against the euro at present, it may take even longer
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:35 am

Analyst - Dunno if you've seen these before?

http://www.frenchestateagents.com/pa...n_loire_valley
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

mellors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TM_001
Hi all

Me and my better half have now settled into Saumur in the Loire Valley. My wife is originally from this area (yes, I was sensible enough to marry a French lady!), and we've spent many years traveling the world, but with kids growing up, decided France would be the best place for this. We're still 'quite' young (I like to think so!), in our early to mid Thirties and with kids of 4 and 2.

We'd love to meet up with anyone who lives in the local area! Do let us know....
hi, we're also young(ish) with 2 young kids (3 years old and 5 months) living about 30 minutes from Saumur (in Loudun). We go to Saumur quite a lot to get stuff from Bricoman and sometimes go to the market on Saturday. We're happy to meet other people with young kids in the area. Maybe hear from you soon.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellors
hi, we're also young(ish) with 2 young kids (3 years old and 5 months) living about 30 minutes from Saumur (in Loudun). We go to Saumur quite a lot to get stuff from Bricoman and sometimes go to the market on Saturday. We're happy to meet other people with young kids in the area. Maybe hear from you soon.

Hi there and welcome to the forum
It's a beautiful part of France you live in - we have friends there and I go visit when ever I can. Sure you will hear from others soon
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:28 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

There is also a cricket team if you fancy a bit of leather and willow bashing. They are regular opponents of our La Roche sur Yon side.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

brodie19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just saying hello.....we are moving to near Vernantes in about 6 weeks time. We are a Scottish couple 47 and 39 from Dundee (well Angus and Fife) early retired!!! No kids but 2 horses and 2 donkeys! All ready to go and just waiting on that removal lorry. See you all soon.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:40 pm

Hi & welcome! I'll no doubt be seeing you in SuperU then?

Whereabouts in Vernantes? I live in between Vernantes & Mouliherne.

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

brodie19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Stu, no doubt we will be seeing you at Super U. We will be nearby, between Varnantes and Vernoil, but just on the outskirts of Vernoil.