Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Brexit - Going through the motions

Brexit - Going through the motions

Old Jun 23rd 2018, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brexit - Going through the motions

So much has been said about Brexit, enough BS to either make you weep, shrug it off, or grin like the village idiot.
I've just been doing the latter, having read a comment that Boris Johnson is alleged to have recently made, "......people would not tolerate a "bog roll Brexit" that was "soft, yielding and seemingly infinitely long".
Imho seeing the fiasco now 2 years on from the 2016 referendum, if anyone merited a huge 'motion' of total non-confidence it was BJ himself for having hoodwinked a large majority of the population.
I say to ensure wiser political decisions vote for the village idiot, and condem BJ to a few days in the stocks on the village green.
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 12:19 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit - Going through the motions

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
So much has been said about Brexit, enough BS to either make you weep, shrug it off, or grin like the village idiot.
I've just been doing the latter, having read a comment that Boris Johnson is alleged to have recently made, "......people would not tolerate a "bog roll Brexit" that was "soft, yielding and seemingly infinitely long".
Imho seeing the fiasco now 2 years on from the 2016 referendum, if anyone merited a huge 'motion' of total non-confidence it was BJ himself for having hoodwinked a large majority of the population.
I say to ensure wiser political decisions vote for the village idiot, and condem BJ to a few days in the stocks on the village green.
With you all the way! Even the Beeb news commentator described BJ as "possibly pretending to be the Andrex puppy".

What with him, Gove and bloody Liam Fox (again) still spouting crap two years down the line I've just about given up hope that they'll ever come to their senses. Assuming they have any...
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
What with him, Gove and bloody Liam Fox (again) still spouting crap two years down the line...
a bog roll brexit is exactly what they need.
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's me running away to France and now Nigel Lawson is showing his great faith in the future of the post-brexit UK by applying for his carte de sejour. Puts him right up there with those great compatriots Liam 'don't invest in British banks' Fox, Jacob - invest in his new Ireland-based investment plan to keep your money in the EU - Reese-Mogg and Boris - sacked from a right wing, pro-brexit newspaper for telling lies about the EU - Johnson. Aaagghhhh. I swore I wouldn't get upset today.....
Old Jun 24th 2018, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Brexit summed up in food.

British Tourist Board promotional slogan by B.Johnson
Old Jun 24th 2018, 10:02 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

English-style BB sauce is much too sweet - tinned (or home-cooked) haricots blancs here are much better!
Old Jun 24th 2018, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dmu
English-style BB sauce is much too sweet - tinned (or home-cooked) haricots blancs here are much better!
I have to come with hand-on-heart and an embarrased smile to say that I prefer the slightly sweeter English-style.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 1:22 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I have to come with hand-on-heart and an embarrased smile to say that I prefer the slightly sweeter English-style.
Me too. Childhood memories? Not sure...