Brexit Exit

Old Feb 5th 2018, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

modernexplorer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brexit Exit

It is an expedition company, so I guess it comes under tourism or professional services. Potentially some media stuff too but that's not core and could be moved outside of the company of its an issue.

Typical EU lack of transparency making it so hard for me to check!
Old Feb 5th 2018, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modernexplorer
It is an expedition company, so I guess it comes under tourism or professional services. Potentially some media stuff too but that's not core and could be moved outside of the company of its an issue.
Funny thing innit, language - I've been switched to French all morning so I saw the word "expedition" and thought oh no expédition, dispatch, licences, he'll have problems - then I read on and realised nope, expedition in English means excusions desn't it

If you supply services into the EU, would you not be starting to think of setting up an actual French (or other EU) business entity, regardless of your own residency? I don't know how it would sit with any eventual trade/services agreement allowing you to operate here if you register as a foreign company with no place of business in France. Saying that, maybe your expeditions aren't to the EU so it's a non issue.

But I guess you'd be good until the end of any transition period in any case.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

modernexplorer is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of people here 'exhibitions'! I work with universities, business, and individuals organising and managing expeditions to countries like Indonesia. No EU countries yet.

But yeah, I think it's a short term solution to getting my period of residency started as soon as possible.

Thanks again for that link, I would never have found it otherwise