British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   In-bound flights - PLFs handed out on board? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/bound-flights-plfs-handed-out-board-940252/)

campos Aug 21st 2021 4:13 pm

In-bound flights - PLFs handed out on board?

During covid times I've flown only between Portugal and Italy. For both countries one can complete a passenger locator form on line before flying.

In a couple of weeks I'm flying to France from Italy. I understand that no digital pre-flight form submission exists- one just completes a paper form on board: is this correct?

Rambling archer Aug 27th 2021 12:42 pm

Re: In-bound flights - PLFs handed out on board?

As I understand it, having just booked a flight to France from PT, you don't have to do a PLF to go into France, but you do have to printout, to physically sign and date, and present a self-proclaiming certification in paper form that you feel quite well and have no symptoms of Covid at boarding!! However, coming back to PT you do not do that french form, but have to do the PLF form and to submit it online within 4 days of travel, which is a bit tricky if you do not have access to wifi wherever you are. So we are going to keep a note of the link in our phones, print it out before we go to France, sign it and present in paper form on boarding, with perhaps the option of doing it online while in France if we can get it done on the phones (rather than laptop which I think will be staying at home) ...

campos Aug 27th 2021 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Rambling archer (Post 13044979)
As I understand it, having just booked a flight to France from PT, you don't have to do a PLF to go into France, but you do have to printout, to physically sign and date, and present a self-proclaiming certification in paper form that you feel quite well and have no symptoms of Covid at boarding!! However, coming back to PT you do not do that french form, but have to do the PLF form and to submit it online within 4 days of travel, which is a bit tricky if you do not have access to wifi wherever you are. So we are going to keep a note of the link in our phones, print it out before we go to France, sign it and present in paper form on boarding, with perhaps the option of doing it online while in France if we can get it done on the phones (rather than laptop which I think will be staying at home) ...

Yes, I have the sworn declaration health form ready to go. I too am debating whether to take my laptop and so so make the completion of the return form to Italy easy, as I'm familiar with it. Though I imagine it will be fairly easy on the Samsung too. Wifi should be accessible for the time required to complete the form in a public place, no?

Rambling archer Aug 27th 2021 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by campos (Post 13045026)
Yes, I have the sworn declaration health form ready to go. I too am debating whether to take my laptop and so so make the completion of the return form to Italy easy, as I'm familiar with it. Though I imagine it will be fairly easy on the Samsung too. Wifi should be accessible for the time required to complete the form in a public place, no?

Yes, yes and yes - it is just the weight of the laptop balanced with the convenience of filling in forms on it (and usefulness while away of course), compared to fiddling about in the phone trying to achieve an important completion of form on less than convenient phone! We are on minimal packing for the trip!!!