bizarre day

Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of
Default bizarre day

A classic day in the pool of murk i live in!
Arrived at work today only to be told of a detour to the maries office for a morning brunch was arranged after i left the night before.
its quite a large ville so the maries a bit of a head honcho in these parts.
myself and 15 other oddballs had been invited because of several public works that the company i work for had undertaken in the year and he wanted to meet and greet.(bizarre)

very old building,loads of antiques,pictures and other french furniture.30 mins of wibble on enterprise then talked one by one to each of us.
interesting reaction when told i was a foreigner working here same response of why and what i was doing here rings in my ears regularly.
everybody stopped and watched my response felt a right lemon although i responed well.
can not really see the point of it all, bit of a time waste?
i was standing next to the presidents official picture what a midget!!at least he's got carla i suppose!!
there goes my day!!
do'nt think you get the same in britain.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:24 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bizarre day

Originally Posted by Nibbler
A classic day in the pool of murk i live in!
Arrived at work today only to be told of a detour to the maries office for a morning brunch was arranged after i left the night before.
its quite a large ville so the maries a bit of a head honcho in these parts.
myself and 15 other oddballs had been invited because of several public works that the company i work for had undertaken in the year and he wanted to meet and greet.(bizarre)

very old building,loads of antiques,pictures and other french furniture.30 mins of wibble on enterprise then talked one by one to each of us.
interesting reaction when told i was a foreigner working here same response of why and what i was doing here rings in my ears regularly.
everybody stopped and watched my response felt a right lemon although i responed well.
can not really see the point of it all, bit of a time waste?
i was standing next to the presidents official picture what a midget!!at least he's got carla i suppose!!
there goes my day!!
do'nt think you get the same in britain.
I do my best at avoiding to open my mouth when there are groups of French people about, You can see the expresion on their faces "Whats that dofus saying"
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily we have a mixed variety of immigrants in Paris, so the locals don't care much. Sometimes people will look when they hear you're not French, but I've never been asked why I moved here. I went to a remote part of Ardeche once to a B&B and the owners (nice folk) had never had an English visitor in 3 years. When I told them I hope they might have a few more British visitors to follow now, they said 'No, not too many we hope'! I think there are parts of France where the French prefer to keep themselves to themselves.

I've been confused for Irish and Dutch (twice), which I find a little strange.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

Yep! get that faint banjo sound in my head.....
and the classic "not from around these parts are you boy..." feeling regularly
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:48 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep! get that faint banjo sound in my head.....
and the classic "not from around these parts are you boy..." feeling regularly
Squeal Piggy
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

I get it all the time. I suppose I should be used to it but having to repeat my self over and over gets right on my pecs. And they always ask when I'm desperately trying to fix something in some wierd, unconfortable position i.e underneath a sink or behind a boiler
The other day I was asked how long I'd been here and my reply was "far too bloody long!" - that brought the conversation to a swift end and I could get back to work!!