Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Bilingual school in Toulouse

Bilingual school in Toulouse

Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bilingual school in Toulouse

Originally Posted by LandD
Dear all,

Another newbie here asking a familiar question so apologies.

We are moving to Toulouse (airport employed) in the new year with children aged 5 and 1 and will be visiting in a couple of days time.

We'll view possible areas to live (30mins max commute) and would really benefit from a little local knowledge as our location will be governed by this commute but more importantly by finding a good school.

We're really keen to subscribe to the English 31 program and therefore hope to visit Paul Bert but seek any other recommendations further west and/or north? I think a private French school would best suit our needs.

Thank you in advance.....
Not sure if you've read the following threads, there may be something to assist.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=toulouse

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...oulouse&page=2

Old Nov 12th 2012, 9:32 am
Just Joined

LandD is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. Excellent progress already made today with a very helpful lady at Victor Hugo so we already feel very much better informed than I could have hoped for at this early stage.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 9:33 am
Just Joined

And thank you too for the links. Much appreciated.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

other schools to consider

la Salle Pibrac

Ferradou Blagnac

and perhaps Le Clos Fleuri Isle Jourdain

all are good; the first 2 have lots of experience of English families:the last one my son is in the college section

All 3 private; fees around 80 - 100 euros a month plus lunches
Old Nov 12th 2012, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.
We're heading to Toulouse tomorrow and really appreciate the insight offered..
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

have fun and le us know how you get on!
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

rubyray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by muckypuppyuk
Thank you for all your advice,

I see I may have to look into this a bit deeper then. At least I am getting first rate advice now and will be able to make a more informed decision. I cannot help feeling a little disheartened but I would rather that than make a massive mistake. I still hope to one day make the jump. I just hope it is sooner ather than later.

kindest wishes

Julie
Hi, im in same boat as you ish,lol. Im moving to toulouse in january 2013 working at Airbus. Have 2 boys aged 11 and 13. Its not just the school issue its the area. I want my boys to walk to school and be out playing with kids in nice area when they get home. Could anyone recomend an area/school? Im willing to travel to work up to 45 mins. Please offer any advise as im close to throwing in the hat and canx job,lol, there r only so many many decisions one person can make.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 6:15 am
Just Joined

We were defeated by the road closures (due flood damage) through Italy sadly so cancelled our trip on this occasion. We'll be trying again soon.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Ray try Isle Jourdain if you want quiet; even 10 minutes further on, which would be 45 minutes on a busy morning
Old Aug 29th 2013, 10:37 am
Just Joined

denzilwashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rubyray
Hi, im in same boat as you ish,lol. Im moving to toulouse in january 2013 working at Airbus. Have 2 boys aged 11 and 13. Its not just the school issue its the area. I want my boys to walk to school and be out playing with kids in nice area when they get home. Could anyone recomend an area/school? Im willing to travel to work up to 45 mins. Please offer any advise as im close to throwing in the hat and canx job,lol, there r only so many many decisions one person can make.
Hi rubyray,
Did you make it to France? We are hoping to move over soon with airbus and have a 13yr old son. Its him I'm the most concerned about, as he doesn't know French at all really. So, if you are there, then which school are your boys in and is there a fee for it?

Thankyou!!
Old Aug 29th 2013, 11:02 am
Just Joined

rubyray is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. We did got to Airbus but unfortunately after 3 weeks I got moved to Germany so I had to quit the job. The recommended school which Debbie stuart is involved with did not want eldest son due to his age. I had found a school in Blagnac but we left france the day we were due to start. Whatever school u choose you have to say you live in that area then they apparently have to accept your child (just like Britain I guess). If your husband is a permanent worker u should get discount at the international school but you wont if he is a contractor. Discounted fees at international are roughy £7000 a year. Cheap price to pay for peace of mind. Hope this helps. Debbie.
P.s Airbus was brill place to work!
Old Aug 29th 2013, 11:07 am
Just Joined

denzilwashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou rubyray.
My boyf is in Germany at the mo actually, until the end of September probably. He's with Morsons so we wouldn't get the discount unfortunately!! Thanks for your reply and I hope you're all settled in Germany.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Denzil.. I have details of a school that will accept your 13yr old ..in Blagnac.. I am on holiday at the mo but am back next week and will send you the details then
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denzilwashy
Hi rubyray,
Did you make it to France? We are hoping to move over soon with airbus and have a 13yr old son. Its him I'm the most concerned about, as he doesn't know French at all really. So, if you are there, then which school are your boys in and is there a fee for it?

Thankyou!!
You're wise to be concerned about such a move with a child of that age. 13 is a difficult age to change schools, but where it involves a move abroad there are particular difficulties, consequences of which can be long-lasting. I've seen it happen as I was in the same industry. Some children may cope with such upheaval, but many cannot. I advise you to think this through very carefully indeed.
If I were in your shoes I would put this Toulouse move on hold for a couple more years. There should be other opportunities with future Airbus projects.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 6:56 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
You're wise to be concerned about such a move with a child of that age. 13 is a difficult age to change schools, but where it involves a move abroad there are particular difficulties, consequences of which can be long-lasting. I've seen it happen as I was in the same industry. Some children may cope with such upheaval, but many cannot. I advise you to think this through very carefully indeed.
If I were in your shoes I would put this Toulouse move on hold for a couple more years. There should be other opportunities with future Airbus projects.
+1
Teenagers have their own problems at the best of times, but usually have their friends to discuss them with. Your 13 year-old would only have you, since he'd have left his friends and other family behind. Unless an international/bilingual school is close to your domicile, he would have problems finding friends living locally if he doesn't speak French. If he went to a French Collège, he would have all the French Culture and Grammar to catch up with before he could obtain his Brevet at about 14-15 and go on to Lycée for the Bac.
You know your son, and whether he could cope with all this extra upheaval in his adolescent life...
Good luck with you decision!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.