Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Bilingual school in Toulouse

Bilingual school in Toulouse

Old Aug 16th 2010, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bilingual school in Toulouse

Originally Posted by kevlux
Thanks! I am due to start work on 4 Oct and nowhere to live, no transport, etc, etc!! Have found it difficult looking for rental properties from distance using internet (thank heavens for Se Loger...!), particularly when most properties are on such short availability. Houses available from Oct onwards have only recently begun to be advertised.

Pretty much conceded that I will be moving over ahead of the family for at least first month. Don't really want to, but just can't see how to feasibly get everything in place for us all to move prior to taking up job - cars, bank accounts, utilities etc etc. So will be all alone for first month living out of some apartment somewhere.
Difficult to offer as my hubby is working away too, but if the need arises don't hesitate to contact me and I am happy to help in whatever way I can!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

kevlux is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
Difficult to offer as my hubby is working away too, but if the need arises don't hesitate to contact me and I am happy to help in whatever way I can!
Many thanks. It is reassuring to know there is a knowledgeable, helping hand at that end if needed. I am still planning to come across for another flying visit before mid Sep with my wife- maybe we'll come see Mondonville and take you up on that offer of a coffee!
Old Aug 18th 2010, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

shobbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kevlux

I was wondering if you could let me have the details of the English31 section? I am a primary school teacher looking for work in the area so it might be worth me contacting them!
Good luck with your house-hunting and your imminent move here.

Sam
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:08 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shobbs
Hi Kevlux

I was wondering if you could let me have the details of the English31 section? I am a primary school teacher looking for work in the area so it might be worth me contacting them!

Sam

Welcome to the Forum Sam.....
Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

kevlux is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kevlux

Sam
shobbs, details for british section at Victor Hugo are:

British Section
Lycée International Victor Hugo
31770 Colomiers
France
Tel: 00 33 (0) 561 78 71 28

email: [email protected]
Old Aug 19th 2010, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kevlux

Sam
sadly I think the phrase 'you'll be lucky' springs to mind I am also a primary teacher and have been here 3 years now with no luck. Try, but there is an unofficial waiting list and it is long! Your other options are local private schools or, as I am doing, teaching english, for which there is a plentiful supply of jobs!
Good luck !
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

kellyos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevlux

We eventually opted for IST after long deliberation and after discussion with the British Section at Victor Hugo about the English31 system at Victor Hugo/Paul Bert schools.
There is a very good chance that I will take a new job stationed Toulouse. Kevlux, I was hoping I could perhaps pm you and talk about your experience with IST. We are considering it or the English31 or even public schools - although this last option really makes me nervous, just because of the language barrier. Also, if Rachel is still here and made a decision, I would like to talk with you as well. We have 2 girls ages 5 and 1. No French training at the moment.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Does anyone have information on the Ecole Montessori La Tour Rose bilingual school? This looks like an interesting option for our daughters aged 5.5 and 1.5. Thank you!
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

melbatb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I can't help you with La Tour Montessori but can with the one in Grenade (north of Toulouse - about 15mins from the airport.) My eldest went there for 3 years after we moved here from Germany. PM me if you want to know more!
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isn't that just a maternelle though?
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

melbatb is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't that just a maternelle though?
True - brain wasn't necessary in gear when I posted :lol
Old Apr 4th 2011, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL : I thought I must be going mad!!
Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

LOL : I thought I must be going mad!!
Thanks to you both for replying. If anyone does mention they are familiar with this school, would you send them my way?
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep! I will ask around at work too
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:33 am
Just Joined

esteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Just came across this thread and am hoping for some advice...

I am planning a half-year sabbatical in Toulouse beginning Jan 2012. Looking into school options for my 2 children (who will be 13 and 15). The IST looks out of reach for us financially, and I am getting conflicting impressions about just what is offered by the College/Lycee Victor Hugo. On one hand, I read that there is a British Section with partial instruction in English (which sounds attractive). But on the other hand, I read that there is no transition program for non-fluent French speakers whereas this exists for some 'regular' public schools. Do I have this right?

My children will have had some French language instruction (2+ years in school), but are by no means fluent. We've spent a year abroad before some years back in Barcelona where they learned Catalan, which is vaguely like French (if you use your imagination). I don't know if this will help them now...

I will be working at Meteo-France, located on Avenue Coriolis. Have not yet made any housing arrangements. Is the school choice dictated by where one lives? That is, must one live in Colomiers to attend Victor Hugo? Are the public school services likely to suffice?

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.