Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Beware of Credit Agricole

Beware of Credit Agricole

Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:00 am
Just Joined

sidcup00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beware of Credit Agricole

Hi put a Euro cheque into Credit Agricole for 110 euros and was charged 18.50 because it was came from RBS Euro account dont let this happen to you
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware of Credit Agricole

That's really extortionate!!!
Complain and they'll show you some small type for sure!!
I stick to Crédit Mutuel. Use CIC for card withdrawals as they are
a CM subsidiary and have more cashpoints. Cost = 0
Never had CM charge me anything for putting a cheque on the account.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I got stung on a cheque of 20 euros and ended up with about 4 euros (from HSBC France) for a Euro cheque from Ireland. I've learnt my lesson since then - Euros are not universal across Euro based countries. What peeved me is I spent ages talking to the woman at the bank about cheques and currencies before opening my account and she didn't bother to tell me this little nugget. I only accept euro cheques from French residents now.
They pull the same stunt and sting you if you have a GBP balance account in France and recieve a cheque in pound sterling. If I receive cheques in pounds I just post them off to my bank in the UK. It was a waste of time having sterling balance here in France.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

I have forgotten the name of my bank, it's the dark blue one on the way to the bar is all that matters lol.
They charge me for taking money out of cashpoints that are the same company but different branches which seems a bit cheeky!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

one big difference with the banks in the UK is that credit agricole give interest (admittedly not on my cheque account - but I can phone my local branch from Scotland and move money accross) It's two and a half percent which is more than it was 2 years ago.

and the UK banks say its a global bank crisis (stops at the channel maybe)
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

My bank, CCSO charge 30 euros to bank a non-french eurocheck. I learnt the hard way after a Spaniard paid me 70 euros by cheque. I was left with 40 euros.
Cash is king.