Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Best value PREPAID sim card for tourist?

Best value PREPAID sim card for tourist?

Old Jan 24th 2020, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

BobSmith888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best value PREPAID sim card for tourist?

hello all,

I will be visiting southern France for two months beginning in February, and i will need a PREPAID France SIM card with data, preferably unlimited data or 10gb+.

What is currently the best value PREPAID cellphone sim data package and price for me?
Old Jan 25th 2020, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best value PREPAID sim card for tourist?

Offers are subject change all the time. At the moment the comparison sites are still showing January's offers. But you can look at comparison sites like https://www.quelforfaitmobile.com/ . For prepaid uou need to check the "sans engagement" box in the Durée d'engagement column. Probably not much will change in the next few weeks.
But, you need to check that whatever operator you choose has good network coverage in the area you will be in. Not every operator has a good signal in every corner of France. Even if it's the best deal on paper, if you can't get a signal it is no good for you.
Old Jan 28th 2020, 8:03 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobSmith888
hello all,

I will be visiting southern France for two months beginning in February, and i will need a PREPAID France SIM card with data, preferably unlimited data or 10gb+.

What is currently the best value PREPAID cellphone sim data package and price for me?
Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Offers are subject change all the time. At the moment the comparison sites are still showing January's offers. But you can look at comparison sites like https://www.quelforfaitmobile.com/ . For prepaid uou need to check the "sans engagement" box in the Durée d'engagement column. Probably not much will change in the next few weeks.
But, you need to check that whatever operator you choose has good network coverage in the area you will be in. Not every operator has a good signal in every corner of France. Even if it's the best deal on paper, if you can't get a signal it is no good for you.

Getting a sim card for a mobile phone in France requires proof of self i.e. passport and proof of address i.e. a utility bill I don't know how that covers overseas residents probably not so well.

Unlimited data on a prepaid sim card not so sure, because here unlimited means unlimited they can shape your downloads but can't cap it, if it is sold as unlimited that is what it is. Monthly plans tend to max out at 100Gb at the mo, but prepaid is not as good.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

BobSmith888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the ideas/thoughts.

In the end i went with a Lycamobile card for 30 euros.

It has a whopping 50gb of data. Also includes a bunch of free call minutes & sms(which i don't need).

Valid for one month and rechargeable as well.