Reload this Page >

best placed to put ads?

Wikiposts

best placed to put ads?

Old Jul 10th 2013, 12:16 am
Just Joined

tom2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best placed to put ads?

I search everywere to put ads about my job. most forums/groups it is not allowed to provide your services, but where to put them ?

i see it is hard for people who wanna work to get some help in france to get jobs.

Are there any sites were they help you and let you post ?
Old Jul 10th 2013, 5:32 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best placed to put ads?

Originally Posted by tom2013
I search everywere to put ads about my job. most forums/groups it is not allowed to provide your services, but where to put them ?

i see it is hard for people who wanna work to get some help in france to get jobs.

Are there any sites were they help you and let you post ?
If you have job vacancies you can post them here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Old Jul 10th 2013, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Just a word of warning to Tom - when you advertise your professional services in France, by law you have to include your SIRET number to prove you are registered as a business. Otherwise it might look as if you are looking for work 'on the black' which in France is not a wise thing to do on a public forum... could get both the forum and the individual into bother.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

thank you. i am registered,so thats not a problem. didnt know i have to put that up to. but now i know .thanks
Old Jul 11th 2013, 1:09 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Tom have you thought about posting on Le Bon Coin? There is a section there for listing your services and you CV. Best of luck.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Local seems to be best. Put adverts or business cards in your local newsagents, bread shops etc. I'm not sure advertising nationwide would be a good investment, I don't know what you do but generally speaking, there is no shortage of local tradespeople so nobody is likely to look at a tradesman from outside their département.

Le Bon Coin is a good idea as it is divided into local sections.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Local seems to be best. Put adverts or business cards in your local newsagents, bread shops etc. I'm not sure advertising nationwide would be a good investment, I don't know what you do but generally speaking, there is no shortage of local tradespeople so nobody is likely to look at a tradesman from outside their département.

Le Bon Coin is a good idea as it is divided into local sections.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798575
Old Jul 11th 2013, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replys. i will put it on le bon coin too.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks. In that case it has to be local doesn't it - who's going to ask someone to drive half way across France to give a quote for repairing a gutter, or restore buildings in the local style, e.g. you wouldn't want a builder from Toulouse for columbage repairs in Normandy (do we also know where Tom lives? I obviously haven't got my detective hat on straight today!)
Old Jul 12th 2013, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Thanks. In that case it has to be local doesn't it - who's going to ask someone to drive half way across France to give a quote for repairing a gutter, or restore buildings in the local style, e.g. you wouldn't want a builder from Toulouse for columbage repairs in Normandy (do we also know where Tom lives? I obviously haven't got my detective hat on straight today!)
Your Right.

I live near 24600 Riberac, dordogne

here is also my work and phonenumber on

<snip>

Last edited by Sue; Jul 12th 2013 at 5:41 am. Reason: Please don't post links to your company's FB page. Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2013, 5:30 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom2013
Your Right.

I live near 24600 Riberac, dordogne

here is also my work and phonenumber on
There are a couple of more localised forums that have advertisement sections if your just trying to pick up work from brits. You will have the local paper free and paid there are a couple of members from the Dordogne here but the majority are spread out a lot further and are unlikely to use your services. Personally I always use French tradesmen as it creates a better image within the community.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
There are a couple of more localised forums that have advertisement sections if your just trying to pick up work from brits. You will have the local paper free and paid there are a couple of members from the Dordogne here but the majority are spread out a lot further and are unlikely to use your services. Personally I always use French tradesmen as it creates a better image within the community.
Thats true. I have also french people. my parents in law live over here for 30 years and i did a lot of work for french people ( as also for the goverment worldwide as i am official historic mason (renovate and restauration of old churches and casles ectr.) ,who are not many of us in the world. I worked worldwide and now i do want to do a bit of my own ,as i have time to do it) ,who told me more then once that their own people take long and long lunch and work not perfectly as we uk ,dutch or german do. and mostly we are even cheaper and have better quality.

There are also enough ealder people who do not speak the franch language or new people and they happy to explain something in their own language.
And i speak several languages ,what makes it easy for me to have a good level with my clients.

No one say ,you need to take my services. I just asked where to put some ads ,for people who can need my service ,if uk or not. i am not brithish myself.

i do not care who is my client. i love my work and do not look at nationality ,as for me we are all the same or black white ,purple or green.