Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

BBC iplayer part 2

BBC iplayer part 2

Old Feb 21st 2017, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of
Default BBC iplayer part 2

Some of you may remember an old post on this same subject, but it appears thing s may be changing thanks, to all things, EU legislation!!

Could this be what we have all been waiting for? Viewers can watch BBC iPlayer and Netflix across Europe | Daily Mail Online

Interested in people's opinions on this one.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 3:50 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC iplayer part 2

Originally Posted by sdale100
Some of you may remember an old post on this same subject, but it appears thing s may be changing thanks, to all things, EU legislation!!

Could this be what we have all been waiting for? Viewers can watch BBC iPlayer and Netflix across Europe | Daily Mail Online

Interested in people's opinions on this one.
What a shame about Brexit.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

That's a good point. But, it's going to take 2 years for Brexit to go through, right? So, any EU legislations put into place during that period should or should not be applied?
Old Feb 24th 2017, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

I wouldn't get too excited.

As I read it (the revised directive I mean not the DM's interpretation) the new regulations are targeted at the geoblocking of paid for or subscription services and therefore won't apply to the likes of the iPlayer or any other other similar free UK services or material.

As for Brexit, until the actual act of separation - be that in two years time or whenever - EU law remains applicable although how diligently enforcement might be pursued is debatable !
Old Feb 24th 2017, 11:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Im_and_Er
I wouldn't get too excited.

As I read it (the revised directive I mean not the DM's interpretation) the new regulations are targeted at the geoblocking of paid for or subscription services and therefore won't apply to the likes of the iPlayer or any other other similar free UK services or material.

As for Brexit, until the actual act of separation - be that in two years time or whenever - EU law remains applicable although how diligently enforcement might be pursued is debatable !
Of course, the UK will cherry pick which EU rules/laws to keep and dump the rest, so that, along with Benefit payments, Surinder singh, WFA (for those still getting it).