Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Base around Limousin for viewing

Base around Limousin for viewing

Old Apr 11th 2007, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Base around Limousin for viewing

Hi We are coming over in late Aug and was wondering if anybody can recognise a central base for assisting with our search for property in the area.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ros C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Base around Limousin for viewing

Originally Posted by Dave
Hi We are coming over in late Aug and was wondering if anybody can recognise a central base for assisting with our search for property in the area.
PM me for details

Ros C
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ros C
PM me for details

Ros C
Sorry no techo no man me lol
Pm me means ????
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:35 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry no techo no man me lol
Pm me means ????
Click on ros c, a dropdowm menu will appear, select personal message, write text and send.
Old May 7th 2007, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

MAUREEN & JOHN is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in Limosin and stayed at "McGregors" they were wonderfull and the agents we made appointments with picked us every day for viewings. Sh--- just went ot get detail for you and its gone, try the internet thats how we did it. We had veiwings with VEF FAB PEOPLE english ask for NIck.
Old May 21st 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

chucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant future

We are in the same boat, looking in the Limousin area. My husband retires next Jan and I am already retired. So far have only looked on the internet for properties but hoping to have a field trip shortly. We have been finding it dificult to get info on health care for British pensioners. Many sites that have been recommended so far either now dont exist or files are damaged and won't download.
Old May 21st 2007, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: Base around Limousin for viewing

Originally Posted by chucks mum
We are in the same boat, looking in the Limousin area. My husband retires next Jan and I am already retired. So far have only looked on the internet for properties but hoping to have a field trip shortly. We have been finding it dificult to get info on health care for British pensioners. Many sites that have been recommended so far either now dont exist or files are damaged and won't download.
Do what we did apply for NHS MEDICAL CARD via post office covers you for illness when travelling and free. Also with that you get free medical for I think first 12months out there. With that you can come back to UK for treatment if needed. Go on post office site and NHS for further info. Hope I remmember it ok if not Ill let you know. But for sure all is not lost just cos you live in france!!!!
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:05 am
Just Joined

mal the detective is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dave
We have bought our place and had it for a year and a half near Ambazac which is North East of Limoges.
When we did our trips over for house hunting we stopped at any hotel/B&B that was central to the area we were looking into at that time.
We wanted a piece of France so not too close to the large number of Brits that moved out there, mainly La Souterrain and surrounding areas. So we opted for the hills and scenery of Ambazac. Do lots of surfing and decide which areas sound appealing then look for somewhere to stay central to that.
The trips out there were so much of the fun. We made great friends on forums and met up with some very helpful people.
Good luck
Mal
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

chucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant future

Thanks Maureen and John
There is a now a health card you can get for free and will last 2 years but what about after that. On watching programmes on TV they say that you have to show private health Insurance to get your papers for residency, open a bank account and permission from the local mayor to be welcomed into the area. These prog on tv are very brief and do not tell you the situation if you are a pensioner. I'm sure eventually we would need Med Ins. I have early COPD, am on meds for high blood pressure and cholesterol. My husband just has meds for the blood pressure. In our country these are all free but how much would it cost us in France. This is a big question for us to see if living in France is viable financialy.
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Thanks Maureen and John
There is a now a health card you can get for free and will last 2 years but what about after that. On watching programmes on TV they say that you have to show private health Insurance to get your papers for residency, open a bank account and permission from the local mayor to be welcomed into the area. These prog on tv are very brief and do not tell you the situation if you are a pensioner. I'm sure eventually we would need Med Ins. I have early COPD, am on meds for high blood pressure and cholesterol. My husband just has meds for the blood pressure. In our country these are all free but how much would it cost us in France. This is a big question for us to see if living in France is viable financialy.
you are covered for medical care any where in EU if you are a paid up pensioner
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Does this cover meds and hospitalisation for free indefinatley. What paperwork as proof do we require in france?
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Does this cover meds and hospitalisation for free indefinatley. What paperwork as proof do we require in france?
You will need the new card the number of which I just cannot remember but the NHS people in Newcastle will tell you. You get the same cover as a french retiree. The cover in certain circumstances may be for 80% of the costs and a small top up insurance may be needed. We are moving back to France in the next couple of months and we expect to get the medical care we need. I am sorry if I cannot be more specific at the moment but sods law has just been at work and I have quietly gone out on my land here and broken a bone in my leg
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:02 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

If your a paid up person then you should have no problem getting a E121 that will cover you but this would still need to be taken to the Asurance Malidie so that you could get a Carte Vitale and you will also need Top Up insurance for one person this should be around 40 euros a month. its the Overseas section of the dept of work and pensions that issue the E121. A european health card that was the E111 will cover you for the 2 years but you still need top up insurance.
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: Base around Limousin for viewing

Thanks Maureen and John
Your medical care and drugs are free as in uk , if you have paid your stamp,have pensions paid into bank and draw in france if neccessary
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ka Ora
Thanks, just what we needed. How come only one person needs this top up ins? Does the one ins. cover both of us. Any recomendations as to who to get this ins. from? Always better to go on recomendation as don't want to be ripped off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.