Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Badgering Badgers

Badgering Badgers

Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:13 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Badgering Badgers

The 16th to the 18th of May will see the annual Badger Digging-Out Championships where teams compete to see which one can un-earth a Badger from its set in the shortest time.

Pretty weird pastime. I heard that the local hunt down here like to go out digging out foxes in the same way when the season is over.

Not many people know about this and there is opposition to this practice and a petition to be signed here against it.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:49 am
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Badgering Badgers

Thanks Tres, I didn't know in fact. I went to sign the petition and forwarded the site to family and friends.

I hope we can make a difference.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
The 16th to the 18th of May will see the annual Badger Digging-Out Championships where teams compete to see which one can un-earth a Badger from its set in the shortest time.

Pretty weird pastime. I heard that the local hunt down here like to go out digging out foxes in the same way when the season is over.

Not many people know about this and there is opposition to this practice and a petition to be signed here against it.
Poor little badgers - have done my bit and signed.
Now just going to sit back and wait for the comments to start about TB
Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:21 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
Poor little badgers - have done my bit and signed.
Now just going to sit back and wait for the comments to start about TB
Or why not just blame the Canadians? After all they gave us Dutch Elm and Grey Squirrels didn't they?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
Or why not just blame the Canadians? After all they gave us Dutch Elm and Grey Squirrels didn't they?
no wonder I don't like it here