Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

B & B's for sale in France

B & B's for sale in France

Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ros C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B & B's for sale in France

Does anyone know a site where only B & B's are for sale, or know anyone who wants to sell a B & B in France. I don't want to plough all through the Estate Agents? Look forward to you replies
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:06 pm
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of
Default Re: B & B's for sale in France

Originally Posted by Ros C
Does anyone know a site where only B & B's are for sale, or know anyone who wants to sell a B & B in France. I don't want to plough all through the Estate Agents? Look forward to you replies
I don't know if there are any here but worth a try.....EBAY or DALTON WEEKLY or EXCHANGE AND MART. good luck
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
I don't know if there are any here but worth a try.....EBAY or DALTON WEEKLY or EXCHANGE AND MART. good luck
Thanks for your reply Big Jim we have already tried those. hey ho!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
Thanks Big Jim already tried those, no joy.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:09 am
Lucid Dreamer

MoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond reputeMoonShine has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
Green acres.com often has gites and b+b offers n all regions of France... give it a look, but you need a little time!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: B & B's for sale in France

Originally Posted by MoonShine
Hi!
Green acres.com often has gites and b+b offers n all regions of France... give it a look, but you need a little time!
Thanks Moonshine, I will have to be patient!
Old Oct 14th 2006, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

treaclepuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: B & B's for sale in France

I think our ideally-located property could suit you very well (with a little tweak) and we have literally just converted our own holiday website to a 'for sale' one! Please look at You'll love it!

Please do not advertise... a link to your site in your signature is ok though. jdr

Last edited by jdr; Oct 22nd 2006 at 6:40 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treaclepuss
I think our ideally-located property could suit you very well (with a little tweak) and we have literally just converted our own holiday website to a 'for sale' one! Please look at <www.holidaysinbrittany.net> You'll love it!
Excellent website. Once of the best I have seen. I read that tourism has taken something of a dive not sure whether that was just Normandy with reductions in ferries though.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

I think our ideally-located property could suit you very well (with a little tweak) and we have literally just converted our own holiday website to a 'for sale' one! Please look at <www.holidaysinbrittany.net> You'll love it!
Hi Treaclepuss

Thanks for your reply.......looked at site, it's absolutely gorgeous, and I doubt very much that you would have to do too much tweaking!

Our search has ended now we have found a property in the Limoges area, it's not a B & B though it's a farmhouse, that needs a fair amount of work on it, but we have ideas, and if it all pans out it will look beautiful.

Thanks RC
Old Oct 14th 2006, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi Treaclepuss

Thanks for your reply.......looked at site, it's absolutely gorgeous, and I doubt very much that you would have to do too much tweaking!

Our search has ended now we have found a property in the Limoges area, it's not a B & B though it's a farmhouse, that needs a fair amount of work on it, but we have ideas, and if it all pans out it will look beautiful.

Thanks RC
Thanks for the kind replies - we wish you happiness in your new venture!
Old Oct 15th 2006, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Further to yesterday's comments on this thread, I have just posted the details of our house and apartment in the Classified section under Real Estate. It would make a great B & B in a stunning location with lots of privacy for the new owner.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:44 am
Just Joined

tattooheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: B & B's for sale in France

Hi! Had a look on your site, the house is quite amazing, I am not looking for a house but have some french friends who have just finished renovating a house near Cherbourg, and want to sell it to English people. The trouble is, I don't really know how to go about it for them, they don't speak english and have asked me for some help, did you make this site your selves? How much did it cost? Any information would be handy, or if anyone is looking for a beautiful 18th century fully renovated 2 bedroomed house, facing south in 400 m2 of garden, I can pass them on to you. I have some photos, or they can let you visit it on weekends.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tattooheart
Hi! Had a look on your site, the house is quite amazing, I am not looking for a house but have some french friends who have just finished renovating a house near Cherbourg, and want to sell it to English people. The trouble is, I don't really know how to go about it for them, they don't speak english and have asked me for some help, did you make this site your selves? How much did it cost? Any information would be handy, or if anyone is looking for a beautiful 18th century fully renovated 2 bedroomed house, facing south in 400 m2 of garden, I can pass them on to you. I have some photos, or they can let you visit it on weekends.
What's the reason they wish to sell to English people? Soft touches on price do you think or is there no French market?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

tattooheart - in answer to your question, our site was constructed from scratch by my husband and has been a labour of love. It cost blood, sweat and tears (...of joy as it was much admired and worked well as a holiday site and has adapted really well to its present For Sale status!)

I'm sorry I can't help your friends - there is no easy advice other than telling them to go to a local estate agent who has contacts with overseas visitors. If the house is in the middle of nowhere they may struggle, as the Brits and Parisiens are now preferring to buy within walking distance of bread/bar/commerces..... I read in the Times recently something like a staggering 80% of Brits either re-sell their rural purchase within two years or desperately want to.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

tattooheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
What's the reason they wish to sell to English people? Soft touches on price do you think or is there no French market?
No I don't think it's because they think that English people are soft touches, they didn't really say anything about why, juste that they know that alot of English people are buying houses here. I know them quiet well and they are charming people! So it's probably the second option!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.