Reload this Page >

auto-entrepreneur visa

auto-entrepreneur visa

Old May 15th 2021, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

jack_russell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default auto-entrepreneur visa

Hi

I wonder if anyone has had any experience in applying for an auto-entrepreneur visa from the UK post-Brexit and if so any advice they may have. In my case I am a software consultant.
Old May 15th 2021, 4:09 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: auto-entrepreneur visa

Originally Posted by jack_russell
Hi

I wonder if anyone has had any experience in applying for an auto-entrepreneur visa from the UK post-Brexit and if so any advice they may have. In my case I am a software consultant.
Hi, AFAIK no one has posted to say that they have actually gone through the procedure.... See EuroTrash's post # 14 in an ongoing thread entitled "Interim Health Insurance pre-CPAM", to give you an idea of what documents you must produce for the corresponding Visa.
Old Jun 14th 2021, 7:21 am
Just Joined

jack_russell is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, as promised I will post how I got on and I am please to say that I have been issued with a year long Professional Liberale visa and in the end the process was painless and very efficient.

I am probably in a very fortunate position in that I already have a property in France and I am employed by a UK company who give me a lot of flexibility in working away from the office (which I had even before Covid) so I will have regular income whilst I try to build myself up as an independent freelancer.

The documents I submitted were proof of my property (EDF proof of address and last water bill) and evidence of my employment and finances (last 3 payslips, proof of savings and last 3 months bank statement) and a statement from my French bank account. I also submitted a business plan. Only about 2 and half pages of A4 which stated where I would be located, my professional qualifications and experience (I also included my CV and a short cover letter), the outline of my business, a financial forecast and why I wanted to be in France.

For the financial forecast I gave it as written sentences rather than in a spreadsheet format. I gave some indication of what startup costs I may have (software licences and indemnity insurance) and then what I expect in the first and second year with an extended projection up to 5 years. Each year how much turnover I expect and what costs I may have (travel and computer sundries).

The part I was most concerned about was that because I can do the majority of my work remotely I was worried that they may think then I could do it just as well being in the UK as I would be looking for clients worldwide and not just situated in France. However, here timing was in my favor as the European Commission are investing billions in the area I work in with an announcement of fresh investment only a few weeks ago so I made the point that I needed to be in France to be in a much better position to take advantage of this.

I also included my Covid vaccination confirmation and my police certificate that I have been a good boy :-)

So I will be off to France in a few weeks and hopefully the Covid situation will improve by then. The EU launch their Covid passport scheme on 1st July and by then France would have incorporated their domestic app into the EU one. This I understand will allow for travel without the need of a separate test if one has already had the vaccine. However, at the moment the UK has yet to sign up to the scheme so I am hoping they will under pressure from the travel industry and when we have done more of our vaccination program.

When I do arrive in France there is a website I have to go on to register and that I understand means that I will then have full residency.

I hope this will be of use to others.
Old Jun 14th 2021, 11:58 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jack_russell
Well, as promised I will post how I got on and I am please to say that I have been issued with a year long Professional Liberale visa and in the end the process was painless and very efficient.

I am probably in a very fortunate position in that I already have a property in France and I am employed by a UK company who give me a lot of flexibility in working away from the office (which I had even before Covid) so I will have regular income whilst I try to build myself up as an independent freelancer.

The documents I submitted were proof of my property (EDF proof of address and last water bill) and evidence of my employment and finances (last 3 payslips, proof of savings and last 3 months bank statement) and a statement from my French bank account. I also submitted a business plan. Only about 2 and half pages of A4 which stated where I would be located, my professional qualifications and experience (I also included my CV and a short cover letter), the outline of my business, a financial forecast and why I wanted to be in France.

For the financial forecast I gave it as written sentences rather than in a spreadsheet format. I gave some indication of what startup costs I may have (software licences and indemnity insurance) and then what I expect in the first and second year with an extended projection up to 5 years. Each year how much turnover I expect and what costs I may have (travel and computer sundries).

The part I was most concerned about was that because I can do the majority of my work remotely I was worried that they may think then I could do it just as well being in the UK as I would be looking for clients worldwide and not just situated in France. However, here timing was in my favor as the European Commission are investing billions in the area I work in with an announcement of fresh investment only a few weeks ago so I made the point that I needed to be in France to be in a much better position to take advantage of this.

I also included my Covid vaccination confirmation and my police certificate that I have been a good boy :-)

So I will be off to France in a few weeks and hopefully the Covid situation will improve by then. The EU launch their Covid passport scheme on 1st July and by then France would have incorporated their domestic app into the EU one. This I understand will allow for travel without the need of a separate test if one has already had the vaccine. However, at the moment the UK has yet to sign up to the scheme so I am hoping they will under pressure from the travel industry and when we have done more of our vaccination program.

When I do arrive in France there is a website I have to go on to register and that I understand means that I will then have full residency.

I hope this will be of use to others.
Bravo, and it's sure to!