Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Aupair for non French speaking family?

Aupair for non French speaking family?

Old Jul 19th 2011, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

jesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nice
Default Aupair for non French speaking family?

Hi all

We are looking for an aupair to come and live with us as of October. I was an aupair myself and we've had 2 this year on 3 month contracts. The last 2 have been from the EU and were only staying a couple of weeks so we didn't bother to register them etc. Now I am looking for someone to stay a year, and wanted someone from outside of the EU.

Just phone the DDTEFP and she told me that as neither of us are French mother tongue we cannot have an aupair At all. Which is rubbish, as I worked as an aupair for an Australian lady in Paris, but perhaps she also never registered me, I have no idea.

Anyone else come up against this?? Obviously I could just get someone from the EU and then there wouldn't be the problem of visa but I really like this girl.

Thanks
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aupair for non French speaking family?

Originally Posted by jesuisla
Hi all

We are looking for an aupair to come and live with us as of October. I was an aupair myself and we've had 2 this year on 3 month contracts. The last 2 have been from the EU and were only staying a couple of weeks so we didn't bother to register them etc. Now I am looking for someone to stay a year, and wanted someone from outside of the EU.

Just phone the DDTEFP and she told me that as neither of us are French mother tongue we cannot have an aupair At all. Which is rubbish, as I worked as an aupair for an Australian lady in Paris, but perhaps she also never registered me, I have no idea.

Anyone else come up against this?? Obviously I could just get someone from the EU and then there wouldn't be the problem of visa but I really like this girl.

Thanks
Not being able to have an au pair due to non French mother tongue sounds nonsense to me. But others may know more.
Having said that if you get one, do you intend to register her? If not think carefully, as the implications in case of a domestic accident - not to mention any penalty can be very severe.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

jesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nicejesuisla is just really nice
Default Re: Aupair for non French speaking family?

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Not being able to have an au pair due to non French mother tongue sounds nonsense to me. But others may know more.
Having said that if you get one, do you intend to register her? If not think carefully, as the implications in case of a domestic accident - not to mention any penalty can be very severe.
Me too. I contacted another British lady I know who used to have an aupair but she did never registered hers so not much help. I definitely want to do it legally, just not worth anything going wrong!

Thanks for getting back to me. I am contacting some agencies to see if they can help.