Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Arriving in France

Arriving in France

Old Sep 7th 2021, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arriving in France

After over a year in the UK, we returned to France yesterday morning.
I was armed with all the documents I could think of as well is those specified.
The only document required was our passports which were stamped on entry.
The only questions asked by the French border staff were:
"Do you live in England"? and "Have you been vaccinated twice"?
There was nothing regarding where we were going or where we were staying or how long we were staying.
No requirement for proof of vaccination or written statement of honour that we had not been in contact with Covid or had any symptoms etc.
No questions about any food that we may be carrying etc.
As far as I could see, the only difference was that our passports were stamped.
The train was not busy so it would have been easy for them to check everything.
Old Sep 7th 2021, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arriving in France

Welcome back, Cyrian!
(Must admit I thought you lived here!)
Were your vaccs documents not even checked when you boarded the train?
When I came over in March I had a ton of documents - attestations for being more than Xkm away from home and for being out after curfew and confirming I didn't have symptoms and confirming I had a valid reason for international travel and I can't remember what else, and nobody wanted to see any of them apart from my negative test and my passport and my CdS, but sod's law if I hadn't had one of them, that's the one they'd have wanted to see. And I had a cheese sandwich on the seat right next to me that I'd forgotten to eat!
I would love to know exactly what signs border force officers are trained to look out for to identify dodgy travellers. Or do they just develop a sixth sense. But I suspect a lot of screening is done behind the scenes that passengers are not even aware of. As I've probably mentioned before, one time my partner and I had been on holiday in Ireland and we had unwittingly let the car insurance expire while we were there. As soon as we drove off the ferry we were politely pulled to one side. It wasn't a spot check, the police already knew exactly what date it had expired - which was more than we did.
Old Sep 7th 2021, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arriving in France

Nothing was checked other than passports.
I also had loads of documents including justificatif de domicile.
I had renewed our passports earlier this year to ensure that we didn't get caught out with the 10 years from issue date French rule.
I had also our new GHIC cards which replaced the former EHIC cards.