Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in or near Annecy?

Anyone living in or near Annecy?

Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:20 am

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone living in or near Annecy?

Originally Posted by BYTHELAKE
Hi Dreamcatcher, I think you're right..... I should find out where these places are and then with the use of sign language with a few french words thrown in I'll be able to get myself understood!!
It does work,when they know your trying
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:25 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dreamcatcher, I think you're right..... I should find out where these places are and then with the use of sign language with a few french words thrown in I'll be able to get myself understood!!
Beware bythelake, I have heard that there is an warrant out for such behaviour after a certain person (no names mentioned ) with a blue scarf round their neck and head was seen to be gesticulating in a dangerous fashion at a shower unit and tap set.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

BYTHELAKE is on a distinguished road

Hi Dreamcatcher, I'm always trying......or so my OH tells me!!!!!!

Hi Treskillard, Have considered your warning!!!!!.......But I'll take the risk and live dangerously!!!......
Old Nov 12th 2007, 1:30 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

The english speaking helpline number for EDF is 081 0020 33. As for the water I don't know, but if you go to your mairie or treasury there will be somewhere there who will understand you for sure Good luck!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info.I'll give it a try.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jazzy n Lol, have just tried the number you suggested, however, it was unavailable. Thanks for the help though.....Guess I'll just have to go and see them.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:17 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jazzy n Lol, have just tried the number you suggested, however, it was unavailable. Thanks for the help though.....Guess I'll just have to go and see them.

Oh rats! Sorry, that was actually a number somebody posted here a week or so back

I know there is an english speaking number somewhere - if you phone just say "il y a quel q'un qui parle anglais svp?"

I wish you luck, the early days are hard.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol
Oh rats! Sorry, that was actually a number somebody posted here a week or so back

I know there is an english speaking number somewhere - if you phone just say "il y a quel q'un qui parle anglais svp?"

I wish you luck, the early days are hard.
Do you have the english link for french telecom too?
http://www.francetelecom.com/en/tools/help/contactus/
Edf in english is
http://www.edf.fr/259i/Homefr.html
phone no. given are from the EDF page:

you’re not a residential customer yet, please call us at the +33 810 126 126 (local rate within France only),

if you’re already a customer, please call us at the phone number that you can find on top of your last EDF bill (you can also reach us at the +33 810 333 776, local rate within France only).

Have you also got your water sorted out?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:48 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

Hi Jo
Hope you are reading this thread!
My email has gone down like yours... I have a feeling that we have both been infected by a bug!!! So, until I get it sorted I can only contact you through BE, I will PM you if I need to.
Just wanted to let you know that I miss you and will phone in a little while!
Love you XXX
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Hi there Sis
Just picked up your message....... Hope you're able to sort out your bug problem soon. In the end I had to create a new email address. I'll give it to you when we next speak.

Haven't been on the computer for a few days, have been a bit busy. Yesterday our shipment from Cameroon arrived....Boxes everywhere....It was like box city....!!!

Everything is ok here although it's bl.... freezing, -5. Hannah is so excited as she's looking forward to soon being able to ski. And Im nervous because of all the potential trips to the hospital with broken bones etc...

To all who were so kind to help me with my water and electricity problems........they're all sorted. My neighbor has kindly offered to contact them on my behalf.

Oh well, it's no good, I have to put down the hot water bottle and don my warmest jumper, coat and hat to venture out into the cold.....
Old Nov 16th 2007, 2:12 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

Hi there Sis
Just picked up your message....... Hope you're able to sort out your bug problem soon. In the end I had to create a new email address. I'll give it to you when we next speak.

Haven't been on the computer for a few days, have been a bit busy. Yesterday our shipment from Cameroon arrived....Boxes everywhere....It was like box city....!!!

Everything is ok here although it's bl.... freezing, -5. Hannah is so excited as she's looking forward to soon being able to ski. And Im nervous because of all the potential trips to the hospital with broken bones etc...

To all who were so kind to help me with my water and electricity problems........they're all sorted. My neighbor has kindly offered to contact them on my behalf.

Oh well, it's no good, I have to put down the hot water bottle and don my warmest jumper, coat and hat to venture out into the cold.....
Hey Jo
Tried to phone you a couple of times... will try again shortly!
My email is okay, I'm up and running again... went to my support techs for help and they were the ones having problems with the server, so no virus thank goodness!
Our weather here has turned cold too... just a couple of days ago I was on the golf course enjoying 80+... yesterday it only got to 65+... I had to turn off the air con and put the heating on!
It looks like we are going to Alberta for Christmas... I'll get to ski there if (and it's a big if) I can tolerate the cold!!! It's amazing how one gets used to the heat!!!
Love you XXX
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

HauteSavoieJim is a jewel in the roughHauteSavoieJim is a jewel in the roughHauteSavoieJim is a jewel in the roughHauteSavoieJim is a jewel in the rough

Hello by the Lake...and welcome. Glad to see you got everything sorted. I'm experiencing the same cold weather as you!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HauteSavoieJim
Hello by the Lake...and welcome. Glad to see you got everything sorted. I'm experiencing the same cold weather as you!
Good morning HauteSavoieJim,

Thanks for your welcome.....Yes, it feels really good to be sorting everything out...... My next little task is to sort out my laptop. At the moment I have to use my daughters.........And that's nearly impossible, especially during the weekend!!!...
I'd actually forgotten how cold it can be during the winter months. Even with the central heating on I'm finding it difficult to keep warm!!!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ScillyBrit
Hey Jo

Our weather here has turned cold too... just a couple of days ago I was on the golf course enjoying 80+... yesterday it only got to 65+... I had to turn off the air con and put the heating on!
It looks like we are going to Alberta for Christmas... I'll get to ski there if (and it's a big if) I can tolerate the cold!!! It's amazing how one gets used to the heat!!!
Love you XXX
Hi Trace, Glad to hear you haven't got a virus on your computer. I sent an email to yahoo describing my problem......they kindly replied, however, it could have been written in chinese...... I didn't understand a word!!!
I would be happy to have you're cold temp. here.....why, that's nearly bikini weather!!!!!
Take care, catch up later for a natter.
Love you, Jo
Old Jan 11th 2008, 2:20 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

Hi Jo
Haven't heard from you for a bit... just wondering if your OH went back to Nigeria yet?
BTW, Mum informs me that she's booked her tickets to visit you!!!
Love you, miss you too
XXX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.