Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Any English mums in Nice?!

Any English mums in Nice?!

Old Jun 15th 2017, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Tinytina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any English mums in Nice?!

Hi! I just moved to Nice with my husband and 11 month old baby boy and looking to meet people with kids the same age ish! Fully planning on learning French but would be great to meet people who made the move too and won't laugh at my french in its current state..! On that note if anyone can recommend a good teacher I'm all ears..
Just a bit about us.. I'm 35, born in London but to Portuguese parents so I have rusty Portuguese too. We're pretty chilled about life and would normally make friends the old fashioned way but this is all new to me so why not try here?! My Husband is working at the airport and I'm just 'playing' with our son all day so not working at the moment. Anyway.. if anyone fancies a zero pressure trip to a playground in central Nice/cimiez let me know! X
Old Jun 16th 2017, 6:39 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any English mums in Nice?!

Originally Posted by Tinytina
Hi! I just moved to Nice with my husband and 11 month old baby boy and looking to meet people with kids the same age ish! Fully planning on learning French but would be great to meet people who made the move too and won't laugh at my french in its current state..! On that note if anyone can recommend a good teacher I'm all ears..
Just a bit about us.. I'm 35, born in London but to Portuguese parents so I have rusty Portuguese too. We're pretty chilled about life and would normally make friends the old fashioned way but this is all new to me so why not try here?! My Husband is working at the airport and I'm just 'playing' with our son all day so not working at the moment. Anyway.. if anyone fancies a zero pressure trip to a playground in central Nice/cimiez let me know! X
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Can't help on the local front, but you'll meet lots of mums in the local park, whether they speak English or not. Babies are good ice-breakers!
The Mairie will have a list of all the Clubs and Associations in Nice and you could join one or two which interests you (arts and crafts, choir, sport, etc....). You'd make friends with people with like interests. There may even be Portuguese conversation classes!.. For day-time activities, there must be a Municipal Halte-Garderie nearby, where you can leave your son for a few hours from time to time to do your own thing.
If you don't get much "local" advice, try on a dedicated regional forum of the anglo-info ilk.
All the best!
Old Jun 16th 2017, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Can't help on the local front, but you'll meet lots of mums in the local park, whether they speak English or not. Babies are good ice-breakers!
The Mairie will have a list of all the Clubs and Associations in Nice and you could join one or two which interests you (arts and crafts, choir, sport, etc....). You'd make friends with people with like interests. There may even be Portuguese conversation classes!.. For day-time activities, there must be a Municipal Halte-Garderie nearby, where you can leave your son for a few hours from time to time to do your own thing.
If you don't get much "local" advice, try on a dedicated regional forum of the anglo-info ilk.
All the best!
Thanks for that! Much appreciated!
Old Jun 17th 2017, 3:52 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

phone the consulate and ask if they have a list of local British groups? Our consulate and his lovely assistant in Bordeaux were an absolute gold mine of information like this.

British Consulate in Nice
Old Jun 17th 2017, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
phone the consulate and ask if they have a list of local British groups? Our consulate and his lovely assistant in Bordeaux were an absolute gold mine of information like this.

British Consulate in Nice
Hi, thanks for the advice, will do!