Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Anti-Covid vaccinations

Anti-Covid vaccinations

Old Feb 26th 2021, 7:49 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti-Covid vaccinations

Originally Posted by dmu
The scientific experts state that the A-Z vaccine isn't suitable for the age-group in question.
It isn't political and I suggest you post in the TIO forum. FWIW, I'm into my 7th President and IMO France hasn't really recovered since Mitterand's reign when Martine Aubry invented the 35hr. week....
I'm afraid you are wrong. What they did say is that it was ineffective for older age groups. Somewhat different. When Macron made his gaffe The EU. had just passed the vaccine for all age groups. The U.K. and several other countries have said (their science people) that the vaccine is effective and promotes antibodies in all age groups. I'm sure you know that Britain has now vaccinated towards 20 million with both types of vaccine and is easing the lockdown. It is political. He can't retract without looking stupid!
Old Feb 26th 2021, 7:56 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I'm not particularly a Macron lover either, but could tackle you endlessly on your above comments, but have no intention of doing so. You have a mischievous way of manoeuvring some threads into political arguments which is annoying.
I see you're very much at home on the TIO forum, where you often receive as much aggro as you give, and where you can debate political topics to your heart's content. But not here, please! The topic of this thread is Anti-Covid vaccinations, and believe most of us here on the France forum wish to keep it focused as such.
But this is about vaccines. Surely explaining why the E.U. has made a mess of it is relevant to the very poor vaccination program? Just what is there to discuss if we all say how many have been vaccinated with whatsoever, quote a few figures and then what's left, very little. The whole package about vaccinations, I would have thought ,is open to discussion but it would appear that because some don't like the criticism offered then my comments are not welcome.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 7:59 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW
I'm afraid you are wrong. What they did say is that it was ineffective for older age groups. Somewhat different. When Macron made his gaffe The EU. had just passed the vaccine for all age groups. The U.K. and several other countries have said (their science people) that the vaccine is effective and promotes antibodies in all age groups. I'm sure you know that Britain has now vaccinated towards 20 million with both types of vaccine and is easing the lockdown. It is political. He can't retract without looking stupid!
Members have requested that you do not turn this into a political argument so unless you are discussing the subject of the thread please do not post.

Rosemary
Old Feb 27th 2021, 12:05 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

But this is about vaccines. Surely explaining why the E.U. has made a mess of it is relevant to the very poor vaccination program? Just what is there to discuss if we all say how many have been vaccinated with whatsoever, quote a few figures and then what's left, very little. The whole package about vaccinations, I would have thought ,is open to discussion but it would appear that because some don't like the criticism offered then my comments are not welcome.
I originally started this thread to give info on how to find out whether you're eligible for a vaccination and who/where to ask for an appointment.
Some BE members aren't able to follow French News, which is why there are similar threads advising on the present curfew/travel restrictions/local partial-lockdowns...., so that they aren't caught short.
Other threads give pointers about Visas for non-EU citizens hoping to work in France.
The operative words being info, advice, pointers, and up-to-date info is added as and when. Unless some one's given incorrect factual info, which is usually pointed out and "discussed", there's no real place for debate, political or otherwise.
This is why the TIO forum is so useful for letting off steam, or why not start a thread of your own on this forum if you'd like a lively discussion?
Old Feb 27th 2021, 12:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dmu
I originally started this thread to give info on how to find out whether you're eligible for a vaccination and who/where to ask for an appointment.
Some BE members aren't able to follow French News, which is why there are similar threads advising on the present curfew/travel restrictions/local partial-lockdowns...., so that they aren't caught short.
Other threads give pointers about Visas for non-EU citizens hoping to work in France.
The operative words being info, advice, pointers, and up-to-date info is added as and when. Unless some one's given incorrect factual info, which is usually pointed out and "discussed", there's no real place for debate, political or otherwise.
This is why the TIO forum is so useful for letting off steam, or why not start a thread of your own on this forum if you'd like a lively discussion?
Are you trying to get me kicked out!!! I have to be very careful!! I wasn't letting off steam at all. I simply thought discussing the whole package was appropriate. Now I find that people have complained. O;k. so the debate stays narrow. As for starting a thread, it would just cover what this thread has!!
Old Feb 27th 2021, 5:19 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Are you trying to get me kicked out!!! I have to be very careful!! I wasn't letting off steam at all. I simply thought discussing the whole package was appropriate. Now I find that people have complained. O;k. so the debate stays narrow. As for starting a thread, it would just cover what this thread has!!
- No, although you are a bit of a provocateur!
- But in a new thread inviting debate, there'd be no risk of swallowing up the factual info given in another thread on the same subject. Another example is home-schooling, for which the official facts have been given in a Sticky, with no for-and-against argy-bargy. No one took up the invitation to start a debate on the subject in a new thread...
Old Mar 7th 2021, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Earlier in the week I was stung by a hornet resulting in unpleasant, painful inflammation, so requested and received an appointment with my GP. I've known him for years - a super doctor, and whilst there we got talking about anti-covid vaccines. He mentioned that he was expecting to receive the AstraZeneca probably at the weekend and now been proven as safe as any, would I be interested in being contacted as soon as it was available?
I agreed to this, and the next day was given a rdv for Sat morning i.e. yesterday. When I arrived his waiting room was looking like an annual gathering of the Darby & Joan Club. I'm certainly no youngster but I did feel a little out of place, especially as everybody appeared to know everyone else.
Before commencing, the GP addressed everyone together with a brief resume of the AstraZeneca vaccine, and those minor after-affects which may be experienced.
Vaccination was straight forward, and I asked how many doses he'd received. Apparently he'd received 6 small flacons, but of those could only use two. I learnt that each flacon contains 10 doses of vaccine so he was preparing it for 20 patients. I obviously asked about the other 4 and why he couldn't use them. Apparently the other doses he’d received were for distribution to other GP’s or establishments in the area, who for one reason or another had declined to administer them, and as each batch is carefully monitored, under current rules he was unable to use them himself. The administration of the vaccination campaign he admitted was a scandal and shameful.
So far with the exception of a little more fatigue than usual there have been no significant side effects. The 2nd dose is estimated for early May.
One could say that after an unfortunate encounter with a hornet, one little prick ends up with a Covid vaccination.........
Old Mar 8th 2021, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Known Aim is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I, both 70 this year, were invited by text last Thursday. The Doctolib website threw us out when we admitted to being over 65. But his receptionist has booked us in for 24th March and No2 at end of May.

As we were expecting not hear hear until July / September, we are greatly relieved. Our GP was born in Luxembourg, so may be more enlightened than others, as well as being a very nice guy.
Old Mar 8th 2021, 7:36 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Had my second vaccine last week my stomach was iffy for a few days. But other than that nothing major.

​​​​​​

Earlier in the week I was stung by a hornet resulting in unpleasant, painful inflammation, so requested and received an appointment with my GP. I've known him for years - a super doctor, and whilst there we got talking about anti-covid vaccines. He mentioned that he was expecting to receive the AstraZeneca probably at the weekend and now been proven as safe as any, would I be interested in being contacted as soon as it was available?
I agreed to this, and the next day was given a rdv for Sat morning i.e. yesterday. When I arrived his waiting room was looking like an annual gathering of the Darby & Joan Club. I'm certainly no youngster but I did feel a little out of place, especially as everybody appeared to know everyone else.
Before commencing, the GP addressed everyone together with a brief resume of the AstraZeneca vaccine, and those minor after-affects which may be experienced.
Vaccination was straight forward, and I asked how many doses he'd received. Apparently he'd received 6 small flacons, but of those could only use two. I learnt that each flacon contains 10 doses of vaccine so he was preparing it for 20 patients. I obviously asked about the other 4 and why he couldn't use them. Apparently the other doses he’d received were for distribution to other GP’s or establishments in the area, who for one reason or another had declined to administer them, and as each batch is carefully monitored, under current rules he was unable to use them himself. The administration of the vaccination campaign he admitted was a scandal and shameful.
So far with the exception of a little more fatigue than usual there have been no significant side effects. The 2nd dose is estimated for early May.
One could say that after an unfortunate encounter with a hornet, one little prick ends up with a Covid vaccination.........
Old Mar 9th 2021, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Had my second vaccine last week my stomach was iffy for a few days. But other than that nothing major.

​​​​​​
Excellent news. One of the few to win the jackpot so far. This was in France I presume?
Old Mar 9th 2021, 4:49 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news. One of the few to win the jackpot so far. This was in France I presume?
Yes no free lollipop.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Yes no free lollipop.
Not even a 1st Gen Surface Pro (with Windows 8).......

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Mar 9th 2021 at 5:34 am.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 11:46 am
Quien no sabe

Not even a 1st Gen Surface Pro (with Windows 8).......
No I keep dreaming of the bsod....
Old Mar 16th 2021, 7:57 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Those eligible for the A-Z vaccination should be aware that they (the vaccinations) have been suspended since yesterday afternoon until further notice "by way of precaution". An official announcement will be made after the AEM meeting this week.
(Not just in France, but also Germany, Italy, Spain, .... following those countries which have already acted.)
Old Mar 16th 2021, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dmu
Those eligible for the A-Z vaccination should be aware that they (the vaccinations) have been suspended since yesterday afternoon until further notice "by way of precaution". An official announcement will be made after the AEM meeting this week.
(Not just in France, but also Germany, Italy, Spain, .... following those countries which have already acted.)
Quel Bordel!
However, to put things into a little more perspective: “This does not necessarily mean these events are linked to vaccination," WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a news conference. "But it is routine practice to investigate them and it shows that the surveillance system works and that effective controls are in place.” Associated LINK.
Furthermore, it's interesting to note that the A-Z corporation issued an official statement 2 days ago reassuring the public on the safety of the vaccine based on clear scientific evidence. LINK.
When the fog clears, and we'll know more, I'll still be looking forward to getting my second A-Z vaccination, although in all probability will now be later than mid May.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.