Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Anti-Covid vaccinations

Anti-Covid vaccinations

Old Jan 23rd 2021, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti-Covid vaccinations

Sorry Rosemary, I'm easy sidetracked
as you say: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55777084
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 4:49 pm
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
But he was paid to supply a service, and he didn't supply it.
The phrase you used and I responded to was "come up with the goods", which isn't normally taken as only applying to goods in the literal sense of materials.

"come up with the goods

Definition of come up with the goods
chiefly British, informal

: to produce the desired or promised results : to do what is wanted or expected
We knew we could count on him to come up with the goods."

This guy was awarded a dodgy contract out of taxpayers' money to deliver a service and he didn't deliver the service, he didn't do what was wanted or expected, he didn't produce the desired or promised results, he didn't come up with the goods. I don't really see any confusion.
And the result was that the materials that he was supposed to procure, ie PPE that was urgently needed, was not forthcoming.
Dodgy contract or otherwise . He wasn't contracted to supply anything. There isn't any confusion. Your last sentence is silly, he wasn't contracted to supply anything. Full stop!
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so he was given a multi million pound contract to supply nothing at all, no goods and no services. It must have been a very short (in terms of words) contract.
Originally Posted by Rosemary

The topic is the rolling out of the anti covid vaccinations not about money and who gained financially. Anyone who continues with the side discussion will be taking a little holiday.

Rosemary
Old Jan 24th 2021, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so he was given a multi million pound contract to supply nothing at all, no goods and no services. It must have been a very short (in terms of words) contract.
"Touché"
Old Jan 24th 2021, 7:15 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary

The topic is the rolling out of the anti covid vaccinations

Rosemary
... and specifically in France, since we're living here.
No problem comparing with other countries, but any useful info risks going unnoticed among unnecessary discussions...
Old Jan 28th 2021, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

atlasthemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KJMW
The U.K. is doing fantastically well vaccinating people. The numbers are staggering. I think side effects are par for the course with regards any vaccine. Given that millions in the U.K. have been vaccinated and I don't know of any that have suffered extreme ill effects it is a remarkable achievement. The media would be all over it if there were any serious effects. Being vaccinated is the only way out of this mess and the sooner all countries get their act together then obviously we can return to some normality. Unfortunately some countries are being ridiculously slow.
i agree with much of this....the infrastructure required to set up vaccination centers, distribution and administration is a credit to the UK government, they recently announced they had administered 2 million vaccinations in one week. but, these people will have to receive their second jab soon so full treatment capacity is only 1 million /week and given uk has approx 68 million people...you do the maths...it means travel restrictions etc will be in place for the seeable future.
They are haveing a rethink on the 12 week between jabs which (as i have said earlier ) is good news.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Just for info and curious, I looked on the government fr site for Covid19 info then 'vaccins', followed by 'vaccination info service'. Pages upon pages of printed 'diarrhea' and links but nowhere with an obvious, clearly indicated link to how and where one should apply for a rdv. (Probably there somewhere but gave up after several minutes of frustration). I then remembered that someone had posted the link somewhere. Then found it, and not surprised to see it was spot-on info from DMU.
From that link, repeated HERE again for general reference, I entered my nearest hospital and received the following info:
- En raison d'une forte demande, ce centre n'a plus de disponibilités : 408 vaccinations vont avoir lieu dans les 28 prochains jours.
Réessayez dans quelques jours ou cherchez un autre centre.
i.e. impossibe to book a definitive vaccination rdv.
Entered in postal code of hospital in a largish town 30min drive away which gave:
- En raison d'une forte demande, ce centre n'a plus de disponibilités : 535 vaccinations vont avoir lieu dans les 28 prochains jours.
Réessayez dans quelques jours ou cherchez un autre centre. Ditto above.....

Another hospital in same town gave:
- En raison d'une forte demande, ce centre n'a plus de disponibilités : 412 vaccinations vont avoir lieu dans les 28 prochains jours.
Followed by a clinic in the same town:
- En raison d'une forte demande, ce centre n'a plus de disponibilités : 781 vaccinations vont avoir lieu dans les 28 prochains jours.

So for those who need it, impossible to book a definitive vaccination rdv for the foreseeable future.
Some may be tempted to say about Bojo, "Didn't he do well"
Nevertheless, what an absolute fiasco this vaccination process is proving to be in France.
I remember when I first came to France many moons ago, I was alone, couldn't speak a word of French and was bewildered by the multitude of differences in living here compared to UK, which lead to much frustration. And that being without any restriction of movement.
In these current semi-lockdown times, I feel particularly sorry for those permanent newcomers to France, especially those who took the massive plunge to be officially settled here before the 2020 end of year deadline, probably without doing the tons of research which most of us would agree is essential. I fear there will be much 'movers remorse' in the following months and years to come.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Jan 28th 2021 at 1:33 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2021, 1:34 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe

In these current semi-lockdown times, I feel particularly sorry for those permanent newcomers to France, especially those who took the massive plunge to be officially settled here before the 2020 end of year deadline, probably without doing the tons of research which most of us would agree is essential. I fear there will be much 'movers remorse' in the following months and years to come.
I started a New Thread on this very subject, at the same time as your's!
I feel sorry for them, too, and hope that they have been settling in OK despite all the restrictions, bad weather, etc... I rather suspect that those who are unhappy won't post, and that, even if it has been a bed of roses for some, they probably left the building and won't give any feedback....
And now,
Old Jan 29th 2021, 4:46 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Had mine and was given rdv for second, was also given a certificate to show I have had it. But no lollipop.

I do have a sore arm but I'm pretty sure the needle couldn't have been got any further in.
Old Jan 29th 2021, 1:09 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Apparently they give badges in my Centre, not to mention coffee and biscuits! An incentive to go along for a jab, but there are too many cons (English sense) in my situation and I've got a Cornelian choice to make (off-topic, I've just discovered that this is "Sophie's Choice" in English).
But I can postpone my decision, as the invitation from the CPAM inviting me to make an appointment at my nearest Centre, arrived today, and, out of interest, I went on the santé.fr site, only to discover that my local one is unavailable for RVs, with more than 1600 vaccinations scheduled in the coming 28 days. So I've got time to weigh the pros and cons before deciding...
(I should have quoted ET's query, sorry. This confirms that the invitation from the CPAM doesn't offer you a RV, you have to ring a number or go on-line via santé.fr to make one.)
Old Jan 29th 2021, 2:09 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Apparently they give badges in my Centre, not to mention coffee and biscuits! An incentive to go along for a jab, but there are too many cons (English sense) in my situation and I've got a Cornelian choice to make (off-topic, I've just discovered that this is "Sophie's Choice" in English).
But I can postpone my decision, as the invitation from the CPAM inviting me to make an appointment at my nearest Centre, arrived today, and, out of interest, I went on the santé.fr site, only to discover that my local one is unavailable for RVs, with more than 1600 vaccinations scheduled in the coming 28 days. So I've got time to weigh the pros and cons before deciding...
(I should have quoted ET's query, sorry. This confirms that the invitation from the CPAM doesn't offer you a RV, you have to ring a number or go on-line via santé.fr to make one.)
Or use the doctolib link I provided further up

https://www.doctolib.fr/

Register and you can search and book for the nearest centre that's got and offering vaccinations. In lockdowns you can have online video link Rdv with your doctor which is handy for getting prescriptions which get sent directly to pharmacy.
Old Feb 3rd 2021, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Still attacking the man and not the ball, I see, but I don't suppose you will ever change.
But you have the wrong end of the stick entirely here. Nobody was saying the UK is charging for the vaccine. The rick people making dosh are the Tory donors who keep being awarded tenders outside of the tender system, there are plenty of factual reports about that online, and putting the economy before human life is, I take it, a reference to the Steve Bannon's mob who call themselves the Covid Recovery Group, again you can read about them on google if you're not familiar with them.
Yesterday the UK was at number 6 in the world in terms of the highest percentage of deaths per capita population, so "hugely exceeded in other countries" might be a tad misleading. I didn't see where France was since it was off the bottom of the page on my screen.
Having lived around the globe one thing I don't really care for is when governments roll out satitistcs, as we know they can all be aligned to make figures look good for what ever reason the governments want. If then UK was all about money and the rich then we would not of started vaccinating the elderly first or the other vulnerables in the community. We have all pulled together here in the UK from helping school age children by supplying laptops so they can do school work for home to free schools meals to the neady.....lots of good work/acts habe been done but alas good deeds don't often get reported, it's not "good propegander" when your not doing so well yourself (by most if not all governments do this)
Old Feb 4th 2021, 7:35 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The French PM is giving a press conference today at 18h00, but no tightening of the restrictions is expected to be announced (all reports in the conditional). More likely an update on the health crisis in general. Any pertinent info will be reported here!
Old Feb 4th 2021, 12:59 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
The French PM is giving a press conference today at 18h00, but no tightening of the restrictions is expected to be announced (all reports in the conditional). More likely an update on the health crisis in general. Any pertinent info will be reported here!
Thanks for all your good work ! Much appreciated !
With new infections and death rates not really going down I hope you're right about the restrictions.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 3:35 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

FWIW, my elderly sil's Centre in Paris has cancelled her February appointment due to lack of vaccines. And another check on the santé.fr site showed that my nearest Centre is still unavailable for the next 4 weeks, with over 1600 vaccinations scheduled during that time. No possibility of making an appointment in, say, 5-6 weeks time, even via the 08 number. "Try later....". As said, I'm not bothered, but sil who is vulnerable, is frustrated....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.