Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

American War Cemetery at Omaha Beach

American War Cemetery at Omaha Beach

Old Nov 5th 2012, 8:25 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cemetery at Normandy

Originally Posted by cjm
Brian - you are not bothering anyone on this site. If someone can help you, they will, yes, myself included. Others are better placed. Share what you need here.
Absolutely right.

Brian, I may have thought of a quicker way to help. There is a newish poster on here who moved to a seaside town northwest of Caen last summer. This puts her less than 40 km from Colleville (the cemetery). She doesn't seem to come on here very often, but I'm in e-mail contact with her.

Quite likely she's not yet visited the place, so I'll ask her to read this thread and suggest she visit with a camera.

If that doesn't work out I'll still do it on the first sunny day after we arrive in January.

Cheers..

Edit: email sent....

Last edited by Novocastrian; Nov 5th 2012 at 8:34 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Clare73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cemetery at Normandy

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Absolutely right.

Brian, I may have thought of a quicker way to help. There is a newish poster on here who moved to a seaside town northwest of Caen last summer. This puts her less than 40 km from Colleville (the cemetery). She doesn't seem to come on here very often, but I'm in e-mail contact with her.

Quite likely she's not yet visited the place, so I'll ask her to read this thread and suggest she visit with a camera.

If that doesn't work out I'll still do it on the first sunny day after we arrive in January.

Cheers..

Edit: email sent....
Hello Brian,

I am the new poster that Novocastrian is referring to. I work full time and have my weekends full for the next 4/5 weeks, however I would like to see the cemetery and help you out! Things should be quieter in December so I will try to visit then.

If somebody else visits the cemetery in the meantime please could you let me know (as I don't look at this site that often).

Clare
Old Dec 4th 2012, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

BrianP367 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default American War Cemetery at Omaha Beach

Hello. My name is Brian and I live in the U.S. I need a huge favor if anyone is going to the cemetery at Normandy. My Grandmothers first husband died at Normandy. We probably will never get the chance to go to France so i would like to ask if anyone could take a picture of his headstone & e-mail it to me.
His name is Baxter Stafford G he is in PLOT J ROW 11 GRAVE 6
I would be eternally grateful.
(This is a re-post from a month ago)
Old Dec 4th 2012, 4:20 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: American War Cemetery at Omaha Beach

Originally Posted by BrianP367
Hello. My name is Brian and I live in the U.S. I need a huge favor if anyone is going to the cemetery at Normandy. My Grandmothers first husband died at Normandy. We probably will never get the chance to go to France so i would like to ask if anyone could take a picture of his headstone & e-mail it to me.
His name is Baxter Stafford G he is in PLOT J ROW 11 GRAVE 6
I would be eternally grateful.
(This is a re-post from a month ago)
Please don't open multiple threads on the same subject, The original thread which is now included in this thread was only on page 4, Most folk that would have missed the original thread will naturally look back about 8 pages to catch up on things. Bump the thread by all means but as I said earlier I will be that way in the first week of January and will happily take the photo for you.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

I am sorry for opening another thread. I did a search for 10 min. to find my original post using names & key words but had zero results. I did something wrong or something is broken but I did try. It won't happen again.
Brian.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Like I said before.I am going to update this once a month until I reach my goal.
I am grateful for the support & I'm sure this will work out soon.
Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:13 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said before.I am going to update this once a month until I reach my goal.
Thanks
Have no fear. I'll do it on the first decent day after I return to the area on Feb 1st (if no-one else beats me to it).
Old Jan 30th 2013, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks
Feb. update.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:37 pm
Born again atheist

Thanks
Feb. update.
I arrive next Monday...
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

One step closer.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:11 pm
Born again atheist

One step closer.
... haven't forgotten. But it's been raining most of the week so far.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

Novo mon brave!
Tu es là m'enfin! Hope the journey went well, I know it's the wrong thread, but in France, système D.
Bienvenue!
Blackie
Old Feb 6th 2013, 4:21 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Blackladder
Novo mon brave!
Tu es là m'enfin! Hope the journey went well, I know it's the wrong thread, but in France, système D.
Bienvenue!
Blackie
Thanks for the welcome mate.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

I am grateful for all of the effort.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 2:57 pm
Born again atheist

I am grateful for all of the effort.
Guess where ! was today?

If you PM your e-mail address there'll be jpegs coming your way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.