Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

An alternative ISP provider to Orange in France. Help!

An alternative ISP provider to Orange in France. Help!

Old May 31st 2020, 12:18 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An alternative ISP provider to Orange in France. Help!

Originally Posted by RichW
I understand the 'if it ain't broke' and sticking with a current provider, because I have been happy with the speeds and service with Orange. I just don't feel like paying 25€/£20 for 8 months of the year when it is totally unused. It's just an utter waste of money - which at the current time could be much better spent/used over here where we need it. Plus the fact that the Orange (male) telephonists are so damned rude and unhelful when you have to call them. I had looked at 'Free' actually and may go with those when I have to change. But, as I know, the Devil's in the Detail - or small print, isn't it?

Thank you all for your continued help and advice.
Rich
Have you tried in an Orange shop? At the end of the day you could get a wireless router that supports 4g like in the link I have provided you have an address here so could get a French PAYG SIM card of your choosing to put in it. The one I have linked to is weather tight so can be installed outside for best 4g reception Mikrotik products are good but affordable. The only downside to French PAYG SIM cards is they tend to get ceased if you don’t keep them topped up.

https://mikrotik.com/product/wap_4g_kit
Old May 31st 2020, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An alternative ISP provider to Orange in France. Help!

I got the "Orange Domino" package years ago - actually I got it when I change from Alicebox to Freebox and I was without internet for a few days - and I still use it. It's a little mifi device which is well out of date these days but it still works, and data-only sim card that you can top up as and when and in theory it never expires. I sometimes go for 6 months or more without using it and so far it hasn't. Basically I use it when I go off touring in the motorhome. But, it works out quite expensive on data. You wouldn't want to watch a film on it.