Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

To all the people logged in on thr French Forum......

Wikiposts

To all the people logged in on thr French Forum......

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant future
Default To all the people logged in on thr French Forum......

Please say something .....tell me about your day
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant future
Default Re: To all the people logged in on thr French Forum......

oops sorry didn't mean to scare u all off
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:08 am

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kate45
Hi Kate, just loggin on quickly to tell you about my day so far.Its 1o mins to 3 in the afternoon at this moment.So I will tell you of half my day and log on this evening for the other half.
Got up at 6am.Had all my paintings all over the place as I just had a expo, so thought I should get them all back in place.Started my day waiting for a phone call from my OH to see how far he was from the ferry,he is going back to put another roof on in uk.The cats had got the hump with me cause I had run out of tin cat food,and they only had dry cat food
Did my chores then took 12 paintings over to the aubrge to hang up, I have a permenant expo there and a permenant one in my house.So work wise Im being a good girl and got everything sorted.Had a lovely cup of tea on the balconey this morning Im kind of situated below a chateau,its fabulous in the differant lights.Then about 9am thought I really ought to get in some shopping so off I go to the Intermarche (dont forget cat food) on way back drop into some friends(french, havent got any english ones ) we had coffee and Id brought some fresh croissants.Didnt stop to long as we are all busy.Came home now working, the weather is beautiful today.I tend to wwork on the balcony as much asposs.Ive just had some really good lighting put in so I can work in the winter in better light.We only have a little house but its so coolAnyway Im going now part two this evening.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:04 am
Just Starting Out

4Kemps is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kate,

A bit of a late reply but ....

I was wondering how you're managing to find out about the schools in France from far away? Are you googling, or do you have another source? Any advice would be appreciated

Sharon
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:48 am

Part two,went for a walk up the chateau,went back to work the sun shining and had a call from my OH he had landed in jersey and is now waiting for next boat.This evening still working and also on the forum,listening to music.Got to wait up cause he will phone when he lands at midnight,it will be 1oclock here.xxxxx
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate45
Jet lagged from the flight over to Canada yesteday
Don't really have the energy to do much today either, hopefully will be over the journey more tomorrow.
Had awful flight over with Air Canada. Wont even get started there
Woke up about 6 am wondering where I was as it was still so dark outside.
Homesick for France already. Have to say though it is warmer here than it was when we left Normandy, and there is a clear blue sky and the sun is shining. It's still about 20 degs at 6 pm.
How did the birthday go on Saturday Kate? Hope it was a good one.
Val
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:52 am

Hope you have a great time over there a nd you get over your flight.Night Val
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
Hope you have a great time over there a nd you get over your flight.Night Val
Thanks Dreamcatcher
good to see you back posting, missed your imput but hope you had a good time whilst your OH was back in France?
Val
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Welcome back everyone .....Val I forgot you were going to Canada...hope you have a lovely time.The birthday went very well but a little chaotic....main thing was Georgia had a good time.Just got to survive Molly,s 15th in 2 weeks time and thats the birthdays over for september.
Sharon ...how are you?.....most of my research for schools has been via the Net and google. I googled yellow pages France (as the site is in english also) and searched schools private and schools state for the regions I was looking at which gives you a starting point ....alot of them have websites which I then babelfished into english....not fantastic but I at least now have a list .....we are also now considering Grenoble as they have a very good international school that is state run but we heard about that from friends of ours whose children go there ....although freezing my backside off in the snow is not quite as appealing as Montpellier...hope this helps

Dreamcatcher ...when we are settled in France I am going to make the trip to come see your paintings I have a picture in my mindseye of you on your balcony painting ...will have to now come and see the reality.

Sorry this is a long winded post ....but I missed you guys

Have a great day when you day begins

Kate
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:17 pm
Just Starting Out

4Kemps is an unknown quantity at this point

Kate, fantastic, thanks very much.

Val, have a wonderful time in Canada - hope the jet lag eases off quickly.

Sharon
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Moo15 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOOK MUM

sorry i shouted... apparently its not allowed... you're even a parent on the internet... would you like to hear about my day?

probably not

i love you despite the whole cork incident

xxxxx
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Moo15
LOOK MUM

sorry i shouted... apparently its not allowed... you're even a parent on the internet... would you like to hear about my day?

probably not

i love you despite the whole cork incident

xxxxx
Love you baby ........but I think its your bed time.....and we have too many computers
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

artemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to all

Hi Kate, r u sure you want to hear about my day? I don't want to bore people! My son's first day back at school tomorrow so have been sorting his P.E. kit out. I have been listening in to the conversations he's been having on the internet as he has just bought a microphone system for SKYPE. Thus far I am jealous that I have not got a microphone because its great that you can speak to anyone anywhere! He's about to go on a special diet to ascertain why he gets headaches so am using upthe pork chops in the fridge because he is not allowed pork for a whole month Just chopped lots of pots, one onion and braised the chops and then bunged them into a casserole dish and its now in the oven. Keep your fingers crossed for me because I did not follow a recipe Am just about to run down to the supermarket to buy lots of soya based products as he is not allowed to drink anything containing milk. Just to say I had a strong vision of dreamcatcher on her balcony beneath a beautiful chateau when I read her posting. It sounds wonderful. I have been looking at our French photos and wish I was still there Love Artemis