Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

For all Citroën 2CV followers

Wikiposts

For all Citroën 2CV followers

Old Mar 6th 2013, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default For all Citroën 2CV followers

The last 2CV to have been produced at the Citroën factory (currently a wreck after an act of vandalism), will be auctioned on March 17 at Fontainebleau.
Estimated at between 1000-2000 euros, the Citroën 2CV, (the last one made in France in 1988) was purchased new by Mr. Brioult, former editor of the Revue Technique Automobile. It was later stolen from him, and subsequently found as a burnt-out wreck. This act of vandalism took place in 2012, and shocked Citroën 2CV collectors and fans alike.

According to the news report, a week after finding his missing car, Mr. Brioult died at the age of 90. The legendary 2CV was identified and authenticated by its chassis number.
It would be easy to believe that he died from a broken heart due to the loss of his beloved 'deux chevaux'. Sad!
Story HERE

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Mar 6th 2013 at 8:34 am.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Tea tree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For all Citroën 2CV followers

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
The last 2CV to have been produced at the Citroën factory (currently a wreck after an act of vandalism), will be auctioned on March 17 at Fontainebleau.
Estimated at between 1000-2000 euros, the Citroën 2CV, (the last one made in France in 1988) was purchased new by Mr. Brioult, former editor of the Revue Technique Automobile. It was later stolen from him, and subsequently found as a burnt-out wreck. This act of vandalism took place in 2012, and shocked Citroën 2CV collectors and fans alike.

According to the news report, a week after finding his missing car, Mr. Brioult died at the age of 90. The legendary 2CV was identified and authenticated by its chassis number.
It would be easy to believe that he died from a broken heart due to the loss of his beloved 'deux chevaux'. Sad!
Story HERE

Thank you for the link to the story - interesting and also sad.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:15 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For all Citroën 2CV followers

Yes Tweedpipe, this is a sad story. I love the 2CV..it was the first car I ever owned in London, as I bought a left Hand drive one from a French couple in London. Over the years I took her everywhere, Egypt, Turkey,Oman, Sinai, and then she came back to the UK and a couple of girls drove her to Iran, where she stayed. I have just bought a 1975 model to Canada with me, and whilst she has been garaged for the winter she's stirring her stumps and is getting ready to burst out in spring. The circuit at Le Mans often holds to CV events, and I must say, going round that circuit with lots of other drivers brought tears to my eyes. A wonderful car in every way...the little car that can!