Aix en Provence

Wikiposts

Aix en Provence

Old Aug 17th 2010, 5:37 am
Just Joined

RKCH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aix en Provence

Hi there,

We are a family of four looking to move to France and are busy scoping out all areas. I have come accross the bi-lingual school just outside Aix and really like the look of it, not too big but with lots to offer and looks like a really nice learning environment. Would anyone know what sort of areas would be easiest to commute to the school. The properties in Aix are very expensive. We don't need to live in a town but don't want to be too cut off either. Can you still buy reasonably priced renovation properties in the area?

We're living in NZ at the moment so need to gather as much info as we can before we make our decisions.

Many thanks,
Rachael
Old Aug 17th 2010, 8:48 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aix en Provence

Originally Posted by RKCH
Hi there,

We are a family of four looking to move to France and are busy scoping out all areas. I have come accross the bi-lingual school just outside Aix and really like the look of it, not too big but with lots to offer and looks like a really nice learning environment. Would anyone know what sort of areas would be easiest to commute to the school. The properties in Aix are very expensive. We don't need to live in a town but don't want to be too cut off either. Can you still buy reasonably priced renovation properties in the area?

We're living in NZ at the moment so need to gather as much info as we can before we make our decisions.

Many thanks,
Rachael
I dont recall any of the members being in or around Aix, But living very close to the Med usually comes with a bit of a premium. Below Perpignan is typically cheaper.

I have not been that way but everyone I speak to says that Marseille is far from the picture postcard town you imagine it to be. Roger has spent time around Nice I believe so he may offer some advice.

Renovation properties in that region are going to be slim and far between due to the quantities of people there.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

RKCH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
I dont recall any of the members being in or around Aix, But living very close to the Med usually comes with a bit of a premium. Below Perpignan is typically cheaper.

I have not been that way but everyone I speak to says that Marseille is far from the picture postcard town you imagine it to be. Roger has spent time around Nice I believe so he may offer some advice.

Renovation properties in that region are going to be slim and far between due to the quantities of people there.
Thanks for that, I guessed it was going to be more expensive out there, the school just seemed so great that I was hoping everything else would fall into place. I will keep looking.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 8:03 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RKCH
Hi there,

Many thanks,
Rachael
At the moment (see classifieds) we live about 35-40 KM from Aix and love it. As you say, properties dont come cheap around here, but one does has the advantage of the weather. Aix also has a large no of expats (very big expat club) which is always helpful. Wouldnt say Marseille is not nice, cause it does has its gorgeous areas. Public transport is not very common around here. In our village we have a bus service (not too often) direction Marseille, Brignoles and St. Maximin, which is a lovely village right next to the motorway to Aix. I think if you want to renovate, in the villages around here, one can still find properties, but even those dont come that cheap.
Aix of course, is still cheaper than the coast, which comes at ridiculous prices. Aix itself is fabulous (so they say, since we are village people and try to avoid going into towns).
Good luck with your investigations
Anne
Old Aug 17th 2010, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Annetje
At the moment (see classifieds) we live about 35-40 KM from Aix and love it. As you say, properties dont come cheap around here, but one does has the advantage of the weather. Aix also has a large no of expats (very big expat club) which is always helpful. Wouldnt say Marseille is not nice, cause it does has its gorgeous areas. Public transport is not very common around here. In our village we have a bus service (not too often) direction Marseille, Brignoles and St. Maximin, which is a lovely village right next to the motorway to Aix. I think if you want to renovate, in the villages around here, one can still find properties, but even those dont come that cheap.
Aix of course, is still cheaper than the coast, which comes at ridiculous prices. Aix itself is fabulous (so they say, since we are village people and try to avoid going into towns).
Good luck with your investigations
Anne
Im only going on Hearsay not Seesay

But it has been compared to Bradford in by other users in previous post's which says it all.

But im not knocking Bradford
Old Aug 17th 2010, 8:34 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Im only going on Hearsay not Seesay

But it has been compared to Bradford in by other users in previous post's which says it all.

But im not knocking Bradford

I'm not Britisch soooo dont know Bradford
Old Aug 17th 2010, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Annetje
I'm not Britisch soooo dont know Bradford
Bit like Berlin, After the Blitz. Which again is Hearsay.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:39 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

I'd heard it was a bit like north of Watford, but with sun and a sense of humour........
Old Aug 19th 2010, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

You mean its full of paki shops??
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

I left UK because it was suddenly not PC to use the word 'shops' ( or was it Paki?) or maybe it was another collection of vowels and consonants altogether?
Its nice to see freedom of speech on here.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wetwang
I left UK because it was suddenly not PC to use the word 'shops' ( or was it Paki?) or maybe it was another collection of vowels and consonants altogether?
Old Aug 27th 2010, 2:34 am
New ember - smoulderin'

analyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wetwang
Such racist comments are oft excused under the guise of 'freedom of speech' . . . but you're fooling no-one.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

When in France.........
Old Aug 27th 2010, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by analyst
Such racist comments are oft excused under the guise of 'freedom of speech' . . . but you're fooling no-one.
ffs