Reload this Page >

Aged care registered Nurse requirement in France

Aged care registered Nurse requirement in France

Old Feb 12th 2020, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Amardeep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aged care registered Nurse requirement in France

Hi All,
I am experienced aged care registered nurse. I would like to move to France as a Registered Nurse. Do we have aged care scope there? If yes. What is the process? I am Australian Citizen and have completed my Bsc Nursing in Australia.

I would like to thanks in advance for any response.
Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2020, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aged care registered Nurse requirement in France

Welcome to the forum!
Your query is not really in my field of expertise, but my first comment would be that I assume you speak fluent or near-fluent French. Otherwise even if your professional qualifications met with the equivalent French rules I cannot see how it would be possible to efficiently and safely carry out nursing duties here.
Similar questions has been asked before, and these links may help:
https://www.infirmiers.com/votre-carriere/exercice-international/infirmieres-etrangeres-souhaitant-venir-travailler-en-france.html

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen..._en.htm#103720

https://britishexpats.com/forum/fran...france-877788/

Others more informed than myself may be able to advise further. Good luck!

Old Feb 12th 2020, 11:14 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amardeep View Post
Hi All,
I am experienced aged care registered nurse. I would like to move to France as a Registered Nurse. Do we have aged care scope there? If yes. What is the process? I am Australian Citizen and have completed my Bsc Nursing in Australia.

I would like to thanks in advance for any response.
Thanks
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
It's not my field of expertise either, but, as said, your French must be fluent in medical matters and conversation, in order to be able to communicate with aged patients in France, even if some of them happen to be English-speaking expats.
Presuming your French is adequate, being Australian means that you would need a Visa to work here. Would you be alone, or coming with likewise non-EU family?
Any particular reason why you would like to move to France, rather than Eire or another European country where English is more wide-spread as a second language (Scandinavia, the Netherlands, ...)?
HTH, good luck from me, too!
Old Feb 12th 2020, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

As said.
Your two main issues are:
Firstly, would your Aus qualification be recognised in France and if not what would you have to do to get a vaild qualification
Secondly, how willl you qualify for a work permit as a non EU citizen.

Not sure which is best to address first! on the one hand, it risks being a waste of time looking into work permits if you don't have the necessary qualifications, on the other hand it risks being a waste of time looking into what qualifications you would need if you wouldn't qualify for a work permit.

I did find this circular
https://solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/fi...2/a0120953.htm
but it dates back to 2003 and a lot might have changed since then. For instance it refers to a section of the administration called DDTEFP, which is now called DIRECCTE, although I believe it fulfils basically the same role.

You have a lot of research to do I think - bon courage and I hope you manage to get to where you want to be.
Old Feb 12th 2020, 8:33 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I had a look around the web for you.
Firstly, your french needs to be pretty damn good and you need to have taken examinations to prove it - and only certificates from approved courses will be accepted.
https://www.service-public.fr/partic...osdroits/F3141
So, in the first case, your qualifications from Australia are not valid in France. "Si vous êtes ressortissant d'un pays étranger (hors EEE et Suisse) et détenez un diplôme paramédical délivré par cet État, vous ne pouvez pas exercer en France avec ce diplôme."
However, if Australia has a bilateral agreement with another EU country - then you can take a course and examination to work in France. I'm pretty sure that the UK has an agreement with Australia but..... Brexit. Is that already ruled out or do you have until the end of this year, I don't know.

Then the link at the bottom goes to https://www.ciep.fr/enic-naric-page/...e-indisponible
where you are invited to contact them to find out what possible routes are open to you.

Bon Courage....