35 hour week

Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 35 hour week

So it looks as if the 35 hour week has finally gone. Will be interesting to see what, if any, effects it has on the workforce and economy
http://www.france24.com/en/20080724-...eek&navi=MONDE
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:55 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 35 hour week

Does that mean we can expect another "French Revolution" where the peasants will be revolting again?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:29 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Does that mean we can expect another "French Revolution" where the peasants will be revolting again?
No way.

I think now that they can work over 35 hrs, and pay no tax on it, they will think that Sarko is the best thing in France,well for a little while.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:43 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, so the "core time" is 35 hours, anything one does over that is paid as overtime (for more as in England, ie time and a half, or not?) and you don't pay any tax on the overtime bit.

Well, I would have thought that in England that would certainly have boosted the economy as folk are much more "money driven" but I am not sure about France as the people we knew were more concerned for family life, leisure time and not killing oneself off working all the hours "god" sends. Their priorities seemed different.

They appeared to be more the "work to live" rather than "live to work" mentality - that's why I loved it so much!

Happy evening to all
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:56 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

I daresay our daughter, who worked a shade over 37 hours from Friday morning until Sunday evening last weekend will be thrilled to hear that the 35-hour week is a thing of the past....
Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:53 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Le Chant
I daresay our daughter, who worked a shade over 37 hours from Friday morning until Sunday evening last weekend will be thrilled to hear that the 35-hour week is a thing of the past....

Well she will get two hrs tax free overtime,unless she works for you.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:57 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Think she'd rather have the time off thanks Stan, and no, she doesn't work for me.