2011-2013 tour

Old Jun 29th 2010, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

m.kelly977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2011-2013 tour

hi, i'm mike and relatively new to the internet and brand new to BritishExpats, i'm planning a trip down through france and spain from spring 2011 to winter 2012. as two couples in a 7 berth motor home we are hoping to subsidies our trip with a bit of work, myself and russell for the last 30 years have worked in the building industry and we are also licencees(publicans) are partners are also hard working with varied back grounds but presently in pub management.
we have several weeks of non urgent work for uk friends which we will fit in when we have prepared our route .

we are NOT looking for 2 years work but maybe 4-6months to break the trip and maybe decide what we want to do or settle in the future.

we will be fully equipped to carry out carpentry, roofing, plastering, tiling, decorating, kitchen fitting and we could also run a busy bar.

we not looking to earn a fortune but to subsidies a long holiday now the kids have flown the nest.

if any one has any ideas, it will be good to hear them.

i will also keep you posted on where we are going and what we're doing if i havent bored you to death yet watch this space!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 7:02 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2011-2013 tour

Originally Posted by m.kelly977
hi, i'm mike and relatively new to the internet and brand new to BritishExpats, i'm planning a trip down through france and spain from spring 2011 to winter 2012. as two couples in a 7 berth motor home we are hoping to subsidies our trip with a bit of work, myself and russell for the last 30 years have worked in the building industry and we are also licencees(publicans) are partners are also hard working with varied back grounds but presently in pub management.
we have several weeks of non urgent work for uk friends which we will fit in when we have prepared our route .

we are NOT looking for 2 years work but maybe 4-6months to break the trip and maybe decide what we want to do or settle in the future.

we will be fully equipped to carry out carpentry, roofing, plastering, tiling, decorating, kitchen fitting and we could also run a busy bar.

we not looking to earn a fortune but to subsidies a long holiday now the kids have flown the nest.

if any one has any ideas, it will be good to hear them.

i will also keep you posted on where we are going and what we're doing if i havent bored you to death yet watch this space!
Welcome to the Forum, I will ask are you familiar with the French Building industry as it varies a lot here when compared to the UK Trades. And how are you planning on legalising the work you do so that its not on the black "No Tax or Guarantees" as if your passing through I kind of don't see you going to all the hassle of getting Siret numbers and what have you.

It may pay to stick an Advert in the Classifieds as the Site rules don't allow Advertising on the boards, That way you could stick a link in your signature which is the space below every post you make.

Bit of a Chicken and Egg situation really as you need to advertise to form a route and people need to know the route to consider using your services. And how are people going to see what work you have done, Hiring blind here is rare even the English community will get advice about a builders previous here.

I see you have duplicated the post in the Spain section, It's kind of frowned upon to duplicate post's across the board as it places extra load on the servers.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jun 30th 2010 at 7:15 am.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 7:11 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Welcome to the Forum, I will ask are you familiar with the French Building industry as it varies a lot here when compared to the UK Trades. And how are you planning on legalising the work you do so that its not on the black "No Tax or Guarantees" as if your passing through I kind of don't see you going to all the hassle of getting Siret numbers and what have you.
yes welcome

same goes for Spain - do you know about building regs & so on here - will you be legalising here too?

NIE/NIF numbers & so on?
Old Jun 30th 2010, 7:22 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnxa
yes welcome

same goes for Spain - do you know about building regs & so on here - will you be legalising here too?

NIE/NIF numbers & so on?
Welcome to you as well Better late than never.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 7:38 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Welcome to you as well Better late than never.
I pop into Italy occasionally

I've popped into Portugal too

haven't been to France for years - & never before here I don't think
Old Jul 7th 2010, 7:37 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at http://www.helpx.net

It'll possibly meet your needs?
Old Jul 10th 2010, 3:36 am
Just Joined

m.kelly977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Have a look at http://www.helpx.net

It'll possibly meet your needs?
thanks this looks very interesting, i will let you know how i get on