Wind & Flood

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:44 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wind & Flood

Crikey it's windy here, the rain is coming in horizontal everything not nailed down has blown away again
The house is being buffeted about by the wind so much the PC screen is wobbling. Much stronger & we'll have to open the doors.
I'm not going to get much sleep tonight.
Flood warnings issued for Maryborough to the Gold Coast.
Shit the power is out now bye
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:45 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wind & Flood

Originally Posted by cresta57
Crikey it's windy here, the rain is coming in horizontal everything not nailed down has blown away again
The house is being buffeted about by the wind so much the PC screen is wobbling. Much stronger & we'll have to open the doors.
bloody hell

Hope you all survive ok?
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Hm, I saw it on the news on the net from over here in Portugal. Please let me know how it all pans out.
Wishing you a safe night, and praying for rain without too much damage for SEQ!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've been watching it heading your way. Lots of rivers rising - have they got the emergency beer ready at that pub you told us about?
I hope the spa floats?!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:30 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard from Mrs Cresta - power out, trees down all round them, roads blocked,, house shaking violently all night, sounds horrendous. They've had 200mm of rain or more in the last twelve hours, and the Met Bureau has described the winds there as destructive. Worst storm they've had since moving there.

Stay safe guys, check in when you can

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 23rd 2007 at 9:39 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:21 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just heard from Mrs Cresta - power out, trees down all round them, roads blocked,, house shaking violently all night, sounds horrendous. They've had 200mm of rain or more in the last twelve hours, and the Met Bureau has described the winds there as destructive. Worst storm they've had since moving there.

Stay safe guys, check in when you can
bugga.....stay safe guys.......wheres the storm headin next polly
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:55 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Sean will be be fine......Like me his got his cub experience to fall back on.....!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Very strange. All the weather reports we saw last night showed it all moving south but nothing down this end, thank god. Hope everyone up on the Sunny Coast is ok.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:01 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Very strange. All the weather reports we saw last night showed it all moving south but nothing down this end, thank god. Hope everyone up on the Sunny Coast is ok.
Spoken to Sean and Deb - no power and laptop battery flat! Trees down all around them but the house seems to be ok. Deb said all they heard all night was wind and bits of tree blowing around, very eerie howling noise to the wind, terrifyingly worse than they've ever heard it before. They are surrounded by roads blocked with fallen trees, but doing OK.
Main worry up that way now is flooding on all the rivers down from Maryborough to Maroochydore - serious rises expected due to the amount of water coming downstream. Peak expected probably tomorrow. The rain should ease off through the day, and hopefully the worst is over. At least the flooding won't get the Crestas - they are far too high and if they are flooded then its time to call in Noah
For those who don't know their place, they are on the side of a steep hill, surrounded by very tall trees, right out in the sticks. Its quite eery hearing a breeze through those treetops, I can't even imagine what the gales would sound like.

Hope everyone else up through the Sunshine Coast is OK - very strong winds and heavy rain right up through Tewantin, Noosa etc over night.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:25 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

We're back on line for a few brief mins while Energex sort out the rest of the lines.
Terrible night no sleep at all as we were to scared to get into bed. We've lost several large trees from the block a couple of which blocked the road completely. As soon as it was light this morning Josh & I cut our way out with the chainsaw and headed towards the local servo cutting back the fallen trees as we had to. I've never seen devastation like this, it's shocking literally, power lines down all over, 30k homes without power from Gympie to Maryboro'. The rain still hasn't stopped & the Mary river is only .2 of a M below the bridge, expected to peak at 9am tomorrow so there will be more serious flooding up here. Loads of homes here without roofs and more with the river already running through them.
Cheers for the text updates A & P.
This is the first storm in a long time to turn inward and hit us as we usually get protection from Fraser Island. I heard on the UHF that Rainbow Beach & Tin Can Bay had 800mm of rain in the night.
Best get off as power going out again for a few hours while more lines are reconnected.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:41 am
Home and Happy

We're back on line for a few brief mins while Energex sort out the rest of the lines.
Terrible night no sleep at all as we were to scared to get into bed. We've lost several large trees from the block a couple of which blocked the road completely. As soon as it was light this morning Josh & I cut our way out with the chainsaw and headed towards the local servo cutting back the fallen trees as we had to. I've never seen devastation like this, it's shocking literally, power lines down all over, 30k homes without power from Gympie to Maryboro'. The rain still hasn't stopped & the Mary river is only .2 of a M below the bridge, expected to peak at 9am tomorrow so there will be more serious flooding up here. Loads of homes here without roofs and more with the river already running through them.
Cheers for the text updates A & P.
This is the first storm in a long time to turn inward and hit us as we usually get protection from Fraser Island. I heard on the UHF that Rainbow Beach & Tin Can Bay had 800mm of rain in the night.
Best get off as power going out again for a few hours while more lines are reconnected.
Good to hear you're still OK. Lots of damage early afternoon as a result of the big blow that hit Hervey Bay so I wondered if you'd had another little breeze come through
So glad that nothing got the house.
Sister says hi, and very glad that this didn't happen while they were up there. Also reminded me of the way you were joking that it always rains during Muster week..........
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You guys all stay safe as you can ,Cresta and Polly . That goes for all of you caught up in what sounds like a terrible storm and flooding.
No risks !!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:45 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Stay safe guys, God bless
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Geez, I'm happy that SEQ is finally getting some rain, but I hope everyone is okay! Sounds ferocious! I'll be watching it on the internet news from here. Thanks for the updates.

Vegemite.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Thar she blows.
Thar she pisses.

Stay safe folks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.